Discovery from Charles River prides itself on partnering clients to take the right steps, at the right time, to reach each milestone on their journey through drug development. Key to achieving this are the enthusiastic, motivated individuals who work at Charles River in challenging but rewarding roles to make a difference.
About the opportunity:
We are currently seeking an individual to join our multi-disciplinary team as a Senior Scientist DMPK, at our Cambridge, UK laboratories. You should be driven by a desire to provide excellent customer service through expert scientific input to individual projects whilst troubleshooting issues, implementing new efficiencies and leading your team to succeed.
The purpose of this role is to perform laboratory work, to generate, analyse, interpret, quality check and report DMPK data and to act as DMPK Project Coordinator, managing client requirements. Our most well-rounded scientists perform duties such as planning and performing standard and customised protocols, interpretation of data, suggestion of next steps, quality control checks, reporting experimental data, troubleshooting, liaising with clients and project teams and understanding the H&S aspects.
The job role is also a learning and development opportunity and by adopting a flexible and willing attitude to attending appropriate internal or external training sessions and sharing that knowledge with the team. This individual will learn and also teach new principles and techniques to develop individual and divisional scientific capabilities and develop expert theoretical and practical scientific knowledge. In addition to the general duties listed below the candidate will be expected to expand their skill set by developing their understanding of the drug discovery process and application of DMPK data to effectively progress projects with support from line management.
You will need:
- A passion for science; a demonstrated expertise of delivering DMPK support to drug discovery projects alongside the willingness to innovate
- Excellent communication skills; these will be essential to engage and inspire our customers and our scientists whilst working in a matrix environment
- Strong organization and time management skills alongside an inbuilt flexibility to adapt to change
- Demonstrated leadership skills; experience in coaching and motivating your team whilst mentoring all to develop talent is essential
- Practical experience of DMPK or ADME assays; the best way to lead by example and successfully troubleshoot issues is to get involved in the day to day
- An understanding of in vitro pharmacology and medicinal chemistry; you will be required to contribute to the strategy of matrix project teams
- To be an effective team player; with the confidence to stand up for what you believe in whilst listening to others to collaborate effectively with your peers
- Attention to detail; getting it right the first time and quality control are at the heart of what we do
- To be data driven; confidence in making data based decisions and further recommendations are key to successful client collaborations
- An interest in new technologies and implementing efficiencies; essential to help us deliver the best to our clients
In return, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with a diverse range of global organizations across multiple therapeutic areas
- Be part of a rapidly developing, multi-disciplinary team who are:
- Dedicated to partnering with our clients to develop quality candidate molecules
- Supportive of each other every step of the way
- Work in our newly appointed laboratories based on a countryside science park close to Cambridge city centre
- Receive a fair financial package – which includes company pension contributions and the option for private medical and dental insurance.
- Design, plan and carry out appropriate experiments to meet DMPK client requirements
- Act as DMPK Project Coordinator, managing client requirements, workflow, data interpretation and reporting within required timelines with support from line management
- Develop troubleshooting capabilities and provide advice to others in areas of own expertise for example assay types (e.g. distribution, metabolism, physchem), bioanalysis or PK/PD
- Preparation of complex reports to a standard suitable for presentation to clients following management approval
- Quality control acceptance of raw data
- Organise day-to-day priorities
- Completion of lab books to department standard
- Accurate analysis and reporting of scientific results
- Present work formally and informally to supervisors, peers and clients
- Read and understand scientific literature, developing and implementing additional scientific protocols.
- Understand the relevant IT systems and learn how to use them effectively (for example, timesheets, purchasing, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, project databases, instrument software, Biobook and WinNonLin as appropriate)
- Attend training sessions as agreed with line manager
Whilst we can ask, you may not have everything we are looking for. However, if you have most of these skills and are quick and keen to learn the others, we would like to hear from you.
In order to be considered for the position you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Charles River is deeply committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees.
Discovery from Charles River helps you take the right steps, at the right time, to reach each milestone on your journey through drug development. Discovering new therapeutics can be a challenging yet rewarding journey. Discovery from Charles River lives the preclinical journey every day. When applying our state-of-the-art technology and expert scientific perspectives, our partners and collaborators will know the right steps to take at the right time to optimize preclinical ideas into strong clinical candidates. Discovery from Charles River is adept in helping our partners reach their milestones faster and more efficiently. Discovery from Charles River: Moving forward together