Senior Scientist, Cellular Pharmacology Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The In Vitro Pharmacology department is seeking a highly motivated and technically skilled in-vitro scientist to join the Cellular Pharmacology group in Boston. The primary responsibilities will include the design and implementation of various in vitro cellular assays, and execution of high throughput compound and biologics screens in support of internal drug discovery programs. The candidate is expected to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues in pharmacology and across other departments.
The specific responsibilities of the candidate include but are not limited to:
- Independently design and implement various cellular in vitro assays using a wide range of methodologies.
- Execute semi- and fully automated high throughput compound and biologics screens in support of internal drug discovery programs.
- Develop and execute experimental strategies to define biomarkers, mechanisms of action and resistance of therapeutic agents of interest.
- Properly document and report the experimental findings and provide scientific contribution to research projects/programs in multiple disease areas
- Work closely with members within department and across functional teams in support of research projects/programs at different stages.
- A Master’s degree in Biology or related disciple with a minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience or PhD (preferred) in Biological Science or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years post-doctoral experience.
- Extensive job related laboratory research experience and medium/high throughput assay execution in academic or industrial setting.
- Hands-on assay development and troubleshooting skills and proficiency with different high throughput screen formats.
- Solid data analytical and problem solving skills and proficiency in standard scientific software used for data analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including preparation of study reports, presentations and manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed scientific journals.
- Demonstrated ability to function and communicate effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment and thrive in a team environment.
- Research and drug discovery experience in immunology, oncology and immuno-oncology.
- Experience with multi-parametric flow cytometry.
- Experience with operating robotic equipment and familiarity with the latest HTS detection technologies.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Pharmacology - DPS
Job Title:Sr. Scientist, Pharmacology
Primary Location: NA-US-MA-Boston
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Scientific, Pharmacology, Immunology, Oncology, Scientist, Engineering, Healthcare, Science