Senior Scientist CADD - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- For nearly 70 years, our company employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies.
- When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe.
- Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform.
- In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
- We are seeking an experienced Senior Scientist, CADD for our Discovery Services site.
- The Senior Scientist, CADD will contribute directly to client projects through application of molecular modelling techniques and use of industry standard software. They will provide CADD services to clients using expertise and initiative to deliver the agreed CADD deliverables to projects and optimize procedures and working practices as appropriate.
- The Senior Scientist will comply with the company Health and Safety Policy and in addition, maintain good IT and written housekeeping.
- A first degree in chemistry or closely related subject; A PhD in a field of relevance to molecular modeling
- Minimum of 2 years postdoctoral experience with significant exposure to the pharmaceutical industry
- Sound knowledge of commercial molecular modelling software, data visualization and pipelining tools
- Experience in structure and ligand based approaches with a track record of impacting upon projects
- Discovery from our company is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 320 patents and 74 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years.
- Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND.
- Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.
- Our company is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO).
- We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development.
- Our company also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities.
- Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
- With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges.
- Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
- We are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives.
- Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.