Senior Scientist, Analytical - United States
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Scientist, Analytical for our Biologics Testing Solutions site located in Woburn.
Serve as the Principle Investigator / Senior Scientist responsible for the development and execution of highly complex method development and structural characterization studies related to the characterization and analysis of complex glycoproteins / biotherapeutics using Analytical instrumentation and methodologies. Oversee laboratory and scientific staff, and ensure regulatory compliance.
About Biologics Testing Solutions
With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Offering a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterization, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.Qualifications
The following are minimum requirements related to the Senior Scientist position.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) or Master’s Degree (M.S.) or equivalent in a related scientific discipline. Ph.D. is strongly preferred.
- Experience: At least seven (7) years of relevant experience within a contract research, (CRO) academic or pharmaceutical industry, including experience in the core competencies of characterization and analysis of complex biotherapeutics / glycoproteins. Also requires experience and full understanding of cGMPs, and departmental/company SOPs.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Other: Experience with characterization and analysis of biotherapeutics (proteins and peptides) using Analytical Laboratory tools and methodologies is required. Exceptional analytical and problem solving capabilities. Experience with Sponsor interaction and business development. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to manage multiple moderately to highly complex projects, prioritize work, and meet deadlines. Capable of anticipating and recognizing potential problems within programs and effectively communicate alternatives to client’s in a meaningful fashion. Must have proven record of delivering quality service to customers on time and on budget.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet