Senior Scientist, Analytical Chemistry - United States
Assist in the development of methods for related to the testing and characterization of biotherapeutics using analytical instrumentation and methodologies. Under minimal supervision, may be responsible for method development, client interaction, interpretation and reporting of data and regulatory compliance of assigned research projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform and troubleshoot laboratory experiments, test, and procedures within accepted regulatory compliance for the characterization and analysis of biotherapeutics through use of analytical testing and characterization instrumentation and methodologies.
- Perform routine testing techniques such as the following with a high degree of reliability, efficiency and accuracy:
- Chromatographic Analyses including Process Related Residuals
- Quantitative Monosaccharide and Sialic Acid Analysis
- ELISA/ Immunoassay Analyses
- Process Residual/Drug Product Excipient Analyses
- N- Terminal Sequencing
- Amino Acid Compositional Analysis/Extinction Coefficient Determination
- Review, interpret, integrate and present experimental data using assistance of senior technical staff as appropriate.
- Assist in reviewing procedures and data.
- Generate high-quality protocols and reports in conjunction with senior research personnel.
- Provide technical guidance to junior staff.
- Assist in long-term projects (redesign of SOPs, STMs, basic research procedures or report formats).
- Interact with the client regarding project design, scheduling and conduct as requested.
- Collaborate with appropriate departments to coordinate performance of projects, discuss issues and prepare reports.
- Attend scientific meetings, conferences and training courses to enhance job and professional skills.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet