This job is currently Archived,
Senior Sales Specialist, Discovery Services - United States
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 08 May 2017
- Represent CRL Discovery Services to the life sciences and pharmaceutical sectors in designated territory.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding overall revenue targets and business objectives in the territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent CRL Discovery Services to the life sciences, biotech and pharmaceutical sectors in scientific and business matters.
- Meet or exceed overall revenue targets and business objectives.
- Responsible for the development of new business activities in the territory: organizing a coherent program of identifying new opportunities, conducting scientific presentations, coordinating visits with relevant scientific operational staff and follow up procedures.
- Responsible for effective liaison between clients and scientific operations in Discovery CRL.
- Responsible for pricing agreements and contract terms (in conjunction with the Executive Director of Scientific Alliances).
- Monitor progress of on-going collaborations of key accounts.
- Establish regular interface and communication with the Account Management, Client Service Managers and Global Account teams to relay shared goals and targets; develop co-strategies to achieve defined targets; and work cohesively as a team to provide excellence in service to CRL clients.
- Operate within established annual expenses budget.
- Responsible for accurate and timely entry and maintenance of client CRM data.
- Provide accurate marketplace feedback covering competitor activity and new technology/offering requirements.
- Participate and assume support role in national tradeshows/meetings/conferences
- Participate in sales meetings as required.
- Complete all required sales documentation in a timely manner.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor of Science degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in biochemistry, molecular biology, pharmacology, chemistry or related area required. An advanced degree (M.S., Ph.D. or equivalent) in Science or Business preferred.
- At least five years related working experience in the Life Science sector.
- Current experience of work in oncology research and /or business required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above
Certification/Licensure: Valid driver’s license required.
- A working understanding of the drug discovery process.
- Good understanding of the pharmaceutical and life science sectors in relation to Discovery’s portfolio or capabilities.
- Ability to present both Discovery business and technology materials.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to network and build successful relationships with key players both externally and internally.
- Must be able to effectively negotiate and close deals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet