Senior Sales Consultant - MedMined - United States
Senior Sales Consultant-MedMined is responsible for increasing market share through cold calling, prospecting, building relationships, and assisting in the coordination of the post sales implementation process. This person will conduct formal and informal presentations and convey complex clinical and technical information fluently to pharmacist, nurses, quality, IT, and c-level decision makers. Focused on account penetration, revenue growth and assisting the Account Manager with customer satisfaction within a territory. Involved in the sale of house-wide software systems. Buying process is a complex and cross-functional sale with executive sponsorship and often includes board of director approval. Sales cycle is typically 6 - 9 months and call point is clinical and executive level.
- Calls on multiple departments in acute care hospitals, including Infection Prevention, Pharmacy, Risk Management, Quality, IT, and C-level decision makers.
- Become an industry and product expert capable of serving as a value-added consultant to prospects on both MedMined and competitive products. This will be accomplished with completion of company training programs and continuous self-learning
- Possesses deep customer and clinical knowledge and understands the marketplace and the goals and concerns of each targeted hospital within their defined territory (patient care issues, protocols, reimbursement). Is able to create and implement a business strategy based on the marketplace dynamics
- Initiate sales process by prospecting, scheduling appointments, understanding business needs, making initial presentation, developing proposals and closing sales.
- Develop a revenue generating business pipeline and execute a strategic selling plan which results in a signed contract between the prospect and company
- Demonstrated ability to execute results against strategy and meet critical deadlines
- Develop multi-media presentations to compliment the solution as it relates to the prospective clients' business process requirements
- Contribute information to market strategy by monitoring competitive solutions, potential collaborators, business threats and feedback from prospects
- Maintain and update technical, sales, and business knowledge by participating in educational opportunities offered internal and external to BD.
- Applies knowledge of the customer's business to develop optimal solution offering
- Close sales by building rapport with prospects, demonstrating benefits of BD solutions and service capabilities, overcoming objections and positioning value propositions.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills to manage a large geographical area
- Bachelor's degree required
- Pharmacist or Infection Preventionist or has demonstrated a high level of proficiency and expertise in the Medication and Infection Prevention Surveillance Market
- Proven product knowledge in business area
- Experience negotiating contract terms and conditions preferred
- Must possess a strong business acumen and presentation skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
- Valid driver's license and good driving record