Senior Safety Scientist - Denmark
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Pharmacovigilance (PV) at our company is looking for a new colleague to join our Safety Surveillance team in a temporary position for 12 months.
- The Safety Surveillance team consists of 9 dedicated people.
- We are proud to be part of a fast-paced Global Pharmacovigilance set-up at our company.
- Together with our colleagues and partners, we collect safety information for company medicinal products, evaluate new safety signals and report it to regulators, as appropriate.
- We work in cross-functional teams and offer an international atmosphere with a key focus on patient safety, while offering the best possible treatment options for patients with Depression, Schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
Your job and key responsibilities
- As Safety Scientist, you will be part of a team responsible for reviewing Adverse Reaction reports received from Health Care Professionals, patients, regulators and other sources from around the world.
- You will take part in monitoring the safety of our compounds on the market and you will help prepare key pharmacovigilance reports such as Periodic Safety Update Reports, Signal reports and responses to requests from regulators.
- You will join one of our safety teams and will get an opportunity to be part of the collaborative atmosphere, working together with our senior medical staff to monitor and secure patient safety.
We offer an interesting job in an ever more demanding area of the pharmaceutical industry in a global environment, with an individually tailored training package, flexible working conditions and good career opportunities.
Our preferred candidate has the following profile:
- You hold a candidate degree within in e.g. Pharmacy, Pharmaceuticial Science or Human biology is (expertise within the CNS area is considered an advantage)
- You have knowledge of pharmacovigilance, clinical research, neuroscience and/or (pharmaco-) epidemiology.
- You are alert to details and their part in the big picture.
- You have strong communication and co-operation skills and a good sense of humour;
- You have the ability to create high-quality results through team work as well as individually
- You speak and write English fluently as well as having a high level of medical writing skills
- You are flexible and enjoy multi-tasking, and as a true team player you want to be a part of an international department, which aims at setting the standards for handling safety in company.
- Our company is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in psychiatric and neurological disorders.
- For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of research within neuroscience.
- Our key areas of focus are depression, schizophrenia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.
- An estimated 700 million people worldwide are living with psychiatric and neurological disorders and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement and other unnecessary consequences.
- Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with psychiatric and neurological disorders – we call this Progress in Mind.
- Our approximately 5,300 employees in 55 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales.
- Our pipeline consists of several late-stage development programmes and our products are available in more than 100 countries.