Senior Research Scientist - Denmark
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We are looking for a Research Scientist having experience with technologies such as immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization and autoradiography.
- Experience with mass spectrometry for proteomics and clarity would also be beneficial. From a research perspective you have worked within the CNS field, and it is an advantage if you have an understanding of psychiatric disorders and ideally have a thorough understanding of neuronal circuits underlying such diseases.
- The ability to understand the translation of genetic data to biological functions and understand anatomical CNS translation from rodent to humans will also be beneficial.
- Our department, Synaptic Transmission, In Vitro is engaged in early to late stage drug discovery within CNS disorders.
- We are dedicated to identifying novel drug targets based on in depth understanding of the neurobiological processes underlying disease etiology and pathology.
- The Department currently consists of 8 research academics, 5 laboratory technicians, 2 post docs, 1 PhD student and 1 master student.
- By contributing with your highly qualified knowledge around histology/anatomy you will be part of a team effort aiming at translating basic science into applied research. The ultimate goal of your effort is to validate and progress CNS target opportunities from an in vitro perspective.
- Your daily job will primarily consist of lab work and technician supervision to support our pre-clinical research projects with information about quantification and distribution of targets.
- This also implies how targets are affected by pharmacological interventions or animal models of disease phenotypes.
- You will also be involved in identification and assessment of new targets based upon your knowledge around immunohistochemistry and protein-protein interactions.
- You will interact with other scientific disciplines internally and with external partners thereby contributing to a collaborative environment.
Our preferred candidate holds the following professional and personal competences:
- Holds a Ph.D. level degree and a few years of post-doctoral experience within histology/anatomy and related techniques with strong track record
- Experience within CNS research with focus on neuronal circuits is an advantage
- Experience with gene and protein expression in native tissue, mass spectrometry for proteomics and protein-protein interactions is an advantage
- Experience in managing external collaborations including CRO work is an advantage
- Is proactive, efficient, and has an independent work style with a goal-oriented and flexible mind-set aiming at working with highest possible scientific standard in a timely manner
- Has a strong and active external scientific network
- Is a strong communicator and team player in multidisciplinary project teams
- Fluent in oral and written English.
We are an internationally oriented group that offers excellent laboratory facilities, an open atmosphere, highly qualified colleagues and a warm social climate.
- Our company is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in psychiatric and neurological disorders.
- For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of research within neuroscience.
- Our key areas of focus are depression, schizophrenia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.
- An estimated 700 million people worldwide are living with psychiatric and neurological disorders and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement and other unnecessary consequences.
- Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with psychiatric and neurological disorders – we call this Progress in Mind.
- Our approximately 5,300 employees in 55 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales.
- Our pipeline consists of several late-stage development programmes and our products are available in more than 100 countries.