Senior Research Associate - Canada
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is currently recruiting for a temporary Senior Research Associate (one year contract).
- The Senior Research Associate is a key member of a soybean breeding program responsible for development and testing of elite soybean (conventional and herbicide tolerant) varieties for Eastern Canada and the Northern U.S.
- Coordination of line purification and breeder seed production activities, including planting preparation, field roguing, genotypic analysis, harvest and seed cleaning.
- Coordination of nursery operations, including experiment planning, planting, in-season field activities, harvest, and seed packaging and shipping to meet off-season nursery deadlines.
- Assist in daily breeding program operations, including but not limited to seed preparation and shipping, planting, sampling, chemical applications, plot maintenance, harvesting, and data collection.
- Resolve data quality issues, analyze experiments, and interpret the results.
- Supervise assigned temporary staff ensuring proper training and completion of tasks accurately and on time.
- Previous experience with field research and the operation of small plot research equipment or farm machinery is preferred.
- Experience with computer applications such as Microsoft Office is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and work on multiple tasks throughout the day.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, excellent personal interaction skills and the ability to work individually or collaboratively as part of a team
- The position requires occasional travel with possible overnight trips and extended hours, including weekend work, during seasonal workload peaks,
- Physical requirements include the ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions, standing for long periods of time and the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- The position requires occasional travel with possible overnight trips and extended hours, including weekend work, during seasonal workload peaks.
- Additional travel may be necessary to assist at off-season nursery locations.
- The successful candidate must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.