Senior Research Associate, Translational Sciences - United States
- Our company is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care.
- The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors.
- We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Senior Research Associate in Translational Sciences.
- You will work with the Translational Sciences team in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy.
- Under minimal supervision, the successful candidate will be expected to perform experiments, organize and analyze results, and communicate and present findings in team meetings.
- You will also be asked to perform other duties as required.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct bio specimen data acquisition and analysis
- Develop, qualify, and deploy innovative assays for clinical immune monitoring
- Write, review, and edit technical documents including SOPs, development/qualification of protocols and drafting of reports
- Support the transfer of novel methods to contract-testing labs
- Prepare data packages for publication, presentation and/or submission to regulatory agencies
- Contribute to the selection and implementation of new assay technology capabilities
- Contribute to company-wide and external scientific discussions
- Other duties as applicable
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in immunology, cancer biology or a closely-related field and at least 3 years of industry experience
- Familiarity in the areas of tumor biology, immunology and immuno-oncology
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills
- Experience with LIMS and electronic record keeping (ELN)
- Experience with relevant diagnostic technologies with an emphasis on immunoassays (ELISA, Luminex, and MSD), flow cytometry, and PCR
- Experience with clinical sample testing, assay development and qualification
- Hands-on expertise culturing cell lines and primary cells (co-cultures of human T cells and/or PBMCs highly desirable)
- Familiarity with emerging technologies (i.e. digital PCR, ELISpot, NanoString and NGS)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Self-motivated and adaptable mindset
- We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of this successful, fast growing company.
- A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation.