Senior Research Associate, IMPACT - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Position leads an area-level program that conducts pre-commercial corn hybrid and soybean variety testing within a program known as IMPACT (Intensively Managed Product Advancement, Characterization and Training).
- This could include direction over seasonal labor to meet program objectives.
- The activities would include employee training and assessments, regional program planning, oversight of equipment readiness, leading field location planting and harvest, data collection, data quality assessments, summarization of collected data, strong communication with associated cooperators and agronomists, and support for product advancements.
- The information provided serves as a critical component of information needed for product advancement decisions and initial guidance for product positioning.
- Plans implementation of a regional testing program in consultation with program and supervisory managers.
- Conducts a regional testing program adapting procedures as required.
- Maintains and improves the efficiency and safety of daily work place operations.
- Manages team resources: assigned employees, equipment, discretionary funds.
- Assesses data quality and summarizes product information for advancement and production positioning decisions.
- May recruit, orient, supervise, and evaluate employee performance.
- May organize and direct work of other employees.
- May serve on teams appropriate to specific research project.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or scientific related field plus 2-4 years industry related experience required or master’s degree and up to 2 years industry related experience preferred. Strong experience and skills with computers and data management. Strong aptitude to operate and maintain planting and harvest equipment including electronics, GPS systems and data collection systems.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, operational safety, supervision and time management.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Our company is the world’s leading developer and supplier of advanced plant genetics, providing high-quality seeds to farmers in more than 90 countries.
- Our company provides agronomic support and services to help increase farmer productivity and profitability and strives to develop sustainable agricultural systems for people everywhere. Science with Service Delivering Success.