Senior Research Associate, Immuno-Oncology - United States, United Kingdom, Switzerland
- We are seeking a Senior Research Associate to join an exciting, fast growing and well financed new company to develop novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases.
- The successful candidates will be integral in discovering and developing the next generation of immuno-oncology therapies.
- The successful candidates will have significant experience and past success designing and performing experiments in cancer biology or immunology, including cell culture and genetic manipulation, and molecular biology experience. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, and a desire to create important new medicines for patients.
- Perform research with the aims of developing novel immuno-oncology therapeutics using company-based gene editing tools
- Analysis and presentation of experimental data
- BS or MS in biology or related discipline and 4+ years of relevant research experience
- Extensive experience in mammalian cell culture, transfection and cell-based assays; molecular biology
- Proficient in flow cytometry, including preparation of samples, analysis and sorting
- Scientifically rigorous, highly organized, and with significant attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with peers and effectively work in a results oriented research team environment
- Prior extensive experience with in vitro and in vivo experimental immunology and cancer biology.
- Problem Solving – The ability to understand a situation, task or problem by breaking it down into smaller pieces using a systematic approach and to identify patterns and connections between situations that are not obviously related.
- Scientific Rigor/Attention to detail – Maintains high scientific rigor and attention to detail in designing and testing hypotheses and analyzing data. Challenges assumptions, demonstrates highly organized thinking and documentation.
- Creativity/Innovation - Creates a boundary-less environment that fosters curiosity and taking risks, is able to test, confirm or refute scientific hypothesis effectively and efficiently. Open to new approaches, alternative points of view and methodologies. Able to be opportunistic.
- Leadership – The ability to take the role as a leader of a team or work group
- Communication and Teamwork – Effectively expresses ideas in written, visual, and oral context. Able to work co-operatively with others; the genuine desire to be a part of a team and contribute to organizational and team goals.
- Passion - Creates an exciting environment where there is a true passion for the vision of our company Therapeutics to bring novel medicines to patients suffering from serious diseases.