Senior Research Associate, Cell Culture - United States
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
Kite is seeking a highly motivated individual with cell culture experience to work on innovative T cell therapy for cancer treatment. The Senior Research Associate, Cell Culture will be responsible for cell culture media preparation, cell processing and expansion in a tissue culture facility, analytical characterization of the resultant cells, and equipment and instrument maintenance. He/she will also be responsible to plan and execute experiments, analyze experimental data and carefully document resultant information. The Senior Research Associate, Cell Culture will draft and review protocols and process development reports, and work with the Product Sciences and Research teams to design and execute cell therapy processes and participate in laboratory activities to support process development and process characterization of Kite’s autologous T cell products.
Responsibilities (include but limited to):
- Large scale engineered T cells culture.
- Responsibilities may be extended to profiling assays (Flow cytometry, ELISA and RT-PCR)
- Setup, monitor, sample and analyze cell culture processes
- Maintain, calibrate and operate cell culture equipment and instruments
- Maintain laboratory, monitor lab inventory and order supplies
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures and batch records
- Assist in the writing, reviewing and editing of accurate technical documents
- Participate and report to a cross-functional development team to advance production activities
- Develop processes for cell therapy products and develop process improvements and efficiencies
- Design and execute process development studies to develop a thorough understanding of operating and performance parameters
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 3 years of experience in a lab environment with a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Immunology and/or immunotherapy background strongly preferred. Previous experience working with engineered T-cells desired.
- Excellent sterile techniques and prior experience with cell culture, cell culture equipment including bioreactors
- Demonstrated excellence in planning, executing, and analyzing experiments
- Able to troubleshoot, solve difficult problems, and develop process improvements
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated scientist capable of multitasking in a fast-paced, teamwork environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to write technical reports and protocols
- Flexible team player excited to collaborate with internal and external partners
- Highly self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Flexibility in working schedule to accommodate weekend work
- Ability to lift over 30 lbs
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Drive and right off the 10. We are able to offer the upside of working in a small, but growing company where everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commiserate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.