This job is currently Archived,
Senior QC Associate (Temporary) - United States
Posted on : 24 June 2017
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- This position will assist with the management of QC contract testing and cell bank production related activities.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Provide support in organizing QC contract testing and cell bank production activities.
- Provide support in coordination of international shipments.
- Liaise between contract laboratories and internal company groups.
- Assist with management of in-country testing and provide updates to team and management.
- Establish effective communication and collaborative relationships with other functional groups, key stakeholders, and external contacts.
- Maintain tracking spreadsheets/databases for contract testing lab activities and information.
- Organize and track contract testing and cell bank testing/production activities.
- May generate and/or revise Quality Technical Agreements with contract testing labs and contract cell bank manufacturers.
- Generate legal contract requests and purchase orders for contract testing and cell bank testing/production.
- Initiate change requests (CR) for new cell bank production and SOP revisions using TrackWise system.
- Perform log-based cell bank inventories.
- Request and coordinate cell bank vial shipments to/from offsite biorepository.
- Assist with shipment of samples and reagents to contract labs.
- Manage and maintain good relationships with contract testing lab partners.
- Support regulatory filings.
- Support regulatory agency, partner and QP inspections.
- At least 4 years in a cGMP laboratory; quality control experience required.
- Experience in dealing with contract testing laboratories is highly preferred.
- Well-developed laboratory skills for analysis of pharmaceuticals and biopharmaceuticals.
- Demonstrated ability to perform most tasks with minimal supervision given general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Proficiency in MS Applications
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Knowledgeable and conversant concerning 21CFR, USP, EP, and ICH regulatory guidelines.
- B.S./B.A. degree with 4 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry, including some work in a laboratory setting.
- Thorough knowledge of cGMPs and regulations applicable to the FDA and comparable international regulatory agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.