This job is currently Archived,
Senior Publications Medical Writer - Denmark
Posted on : 24 June 2017
- A permanent, full-time position as Senior Publications Medical Writer is currently open within the Publications & Clinical Trial Registry (CTR) Department in the Medical Documentation Division, Clinical Research & Development.
- Clinical Research & Development is responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing company’s clinical development programmes worldwide and reporting the results of these programmes.
- The Medical Documentation Division is a diverse group with different nationalities and professional backgrounds.
- We are currently more than 20 employees who are engaged in reporting results from the clinical development programmes, from clinical documentation to support marketing authorization applications, to high quality clinical publications to support marketed products and those under development.
Your job and key responsibilities:
- A Publications Medical Writer collaborates closely with the project Publication Team Lead in generating and delivering the Publication Plan.
- The Publications Medical Writer prepares abstracts, posters, and manuscripts for peer review, in close collaboration with colleagues in Medical Affairs and Clinical Research & Development, and coordinates these activities in a cross-disciplinary setting within our company, with our business partners, and with external authors.
- Additional responsibilities include contributing to the development of internal standards to optimize the process of preparing publications and their standard/quality, and to develop the skill through internal and external networks.
- All documents are written in English and comply with relevant external guidelines.
- A challenging and interesting job with a significant amount of individual responsibility, and good personal development opportunities in an international and dynamic atmosphere.
- We invite you to be part of the Medical Documentation Division, where we share the common aspiration of becoming world class in communicating clinical information. We are imaginative, passionate, and responsible towards our deliveries, colleagues, and society.
- Ethics and transparency are key drivers. We offer a positive and engaged working climate and we have a strong product portfolio.
Our preferred candidate has the following personal and professional qualifications:
- An academic degree, PhD or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience within the field of publications and good knowledge of clinical research and the pharmaceutical industry
- Solid knowledge of statistics and scientific research methods
- A genuine interest in scientific communication
- The ability to work effectively in teams, plan and deliver activities and projects on time, and take changing circumstances in your stride
- The ability to manage and influence stakeholders and reach consensus
- Excellent organizational skills and a methodological approach to work; the ability to maintain a helicopter view without losing attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in a global environment
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Our company is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in psychiatric and neurological disorders.
- For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of research within neuroscience.
- Our key areas of focus are depression, schizophrenia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.
- An estimated 700 million people worldwide are living with psychiatric and neurological disorders and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement and other unnecessary consequences.
- Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with psychiatric and neurological disorders – we call this Progress in Mind.
- Our approximately 5,300 employees in 55 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales.
- Our pipeline consists of several late-stage development programmes and our products are available in more than 100 countries.