HORIBA MIRA is a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defence, aerospace and rail sectors. We work in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
With over 70 years’ experience in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
HORIBA MIRA at Quatro Park (Basildon, Essex) require a Senior Project Manager on an initial 3 month rolling contract. The main purpose of the role is;
- To manage day to day activities of test operations within the area designated
- Ensure timely delivery of customer projects at highest level of quality
- Manage staff to ensure maximum utilisation of resource and capacity of equipment
A comprehensive description of the role is contained within the job description.
Essential experience for this role includes;
- Minimum 5 years project managing at a senior level with day to day operational experience in a complex environment.
- Experience of having managed directly or been responsible for the areas reporting to the role.
- Ability to work and thrive in a matrix organisation.
Desirable experience for this role includes;
- Preferably from a test background.
Essential skills for this role include;
- Strong leadership skills.
- Effective negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement skills
- Good team management and motivational skills
Essential qualifications for this role include;
- MBA, MSc, Degree in a business studies or engineering discipline.
- APM (APMP preferable), Prince2, MS Project.