Senior Project Manager - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defense, aerospace and rail sectors.
- We work in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
- With over 70 years’ experience in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilize the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
- The Programme Management Function is a high performing team of dedicated senior project and programme managers with responsibility for a very diverse landscape of portfolios, projects and programmes spanning the whole of company's capability.
- The function is also responsible our corporate project management methodology, governance and processes
- Typically 1 to 5 years of Project Management experience
- Specific experience of project delivery in a dynamic multi-function, cross industry engineering business, with an international client basis
- Ability to lead other Project Managers, Engineers or Administrators and cross functionally with support functions and suppliers in a matrix organisation
- Demonstrated capability to develop best practice project and proposal delivery processes and implementation of associated tools
- Ability to influence strategic direction
- Able to use programme metric tools (Project or Prince2. Finance KPI tools, excel etc.)
Desirable experience for this role would include:
- Project management of collaborative research projects e.g. Innovate UK
- Experience of highly technical, automotive or defence programmes – min of one attribute required
- Defence ILS (Integrated Logistics Support) e.g. maintenance planning, supply and equipment support, training and technical data
- Creates and maintains project operating principles / project execution strategy ie defines and manages project processes eg contract scope (incl changes), deliverables, gateways, risks, team organisation, approvals
- Actively manages and maintains the master schedule, project financials and provides weekly/monthly statements to the business
- Responsible for project team; structure, ensuring right team and skills in place, developing team working. Works with technical lead to get the correct technical resource allocated to the project.
- Sets and chairs key internal and external project reviews eg gateways
- Prime non-technical interface with the customer/stakeholder
- Ensures adherence with company and customer processes and policies and application of best practise Programme Management process incl reporting via project documentation / business system data
- Responsible for risk management incl contingency and H&S
- The Senior Project Manager needs to maximise project efficiency and thus profit
- Implementation of new and improved Programme Management processes and adopt current ones
- Contribute to the strategic direction of Programme Management
- Support company key global initiatives
- APM (preferable APMP)
- MS Project