This job is currently Archived,
Senior Project Leader (Therapeutic Area group) Mechelen Belgium,
Posted on : 11 May 2017
- In the area of auto-immune and/or fibrosis, the Senior Project Leader drives the projects to success, acting from target discovery up to pre-clinical candidate delivery.
- This role operates in a matrix environment and matches (orchestrates) the activities of several departments, ranging from in vitro through in vivo pharmacology, to an optimized project testing cascade.
- The Project Leader will also be involved in research activities for projects that entered clinical phases and in external academic and industrial collaborations.
- The Project Leader is also expected to assist in building an up-to-date knowledge environment, allowing to design a competitive strategy to address specific diseases.
- Leading internal or partnered drug discovery projects (small molecules or antibodies) in the area of Immune-inflammation or Fibrosis.
- Delivering against pre-set objectives.
- Building a productive and trust-based collaboration with the company functions.
- Providing high-quality scientific support to the Development team, with emphasis on Translational activities.
- Managing external collaborations.
- Contributing to the design of a competitive strategy to address specific diseases by sharing and building knowledge gathered from own insights, key literature, feedback of KOL s, congresses.
- Bring key elements to map the competitive environment in the area and support strategic decision making towards the approaches and target selection.
- Assist the Business Development team by providing high quality scientific support.
- Ph.D. with at least 8 years experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of the drug discovery process supported by a demonstrated track record of leadership in drug discovery projects.
- Solid knowledge of in vitro and in vivo pharmacology as well as of concepts in pharmacokinetics.
- Solid knowledge of target validation processes.
- Knowledge of Translational concepts (use of target and disease biomarkers).
- Scientific expertise in inflammation, autoimmunity or fibrotic processes is an important advantage as well as an understanding of the competitive landscape in the area.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Talented in organizing and planning.
- Creative and critical thinker. Able to build a synthetic view on literature in the field.
- Experience in working in a matrix environment represents an advantage.
Find a Job Find Candidates