- The Animal Health R&D organization for the development of biologicals is organized as a matrix organization with a primary focus on 5 Species groups (Aquatic, Companion Animals, Poultry, Ruminants and Swine) and Discovery and Technology (D&T), which performs basic research and serves all species.
- The Ruminants Biological R&D department has global responsibility for the development of new vaccines for large and small ruminants with a primary focus on cattle. The team is primarily based in Europe and in the US and collaborates with the global R&D network of Animal Health to develop and register new Ruminants vaccines in all markets of interest.
- We are looking for a senior project leader to strengthen our European team.
- As a senior project leader, you will be responsible for several discovery, pre-development and/or development projects for European and International markets.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the cross-functional project team for assigned projects
- Establish a proficient communication and efficient collaboration with internal customers in other Departments (Regulatory, Marketing, Technical Services, Quality Control and Assurance, Manufacturing) with the goal of developing ruminant vaccines in the shortest possible time with the best possible label claims in the industry
- Ensure active bridging of knowledge and information flow with other R&D Biologicals Species/sites and the Discovery & Technology group
- Function as the first point of contact for the Manufacturing organisation and be familiarized with the production environment / requirements to ensure efficient product transfer from R&D to the Manufacturing organization
- Have basic global knowledge of the regulatory environment and closely collaborate with regional experts to understand regulatory implications of product registration at the different regions of influence, inclusive of field clinical trials
- Start/maintain Project Management tools and provide project reports/updates to management as required
- Plan and track project budget and resources requirement.
- Establish relationships with external collaborators like Contract Research Organizations and University and Institute Scientists to support Project Development and enhance the Ruminants R&D Projects portfolio
- Provide the team/organization with a high level of knowledge on the scientific information related to Animal Diseases Evolution or Emergence and Appropriate Technologies
- Support other Departments when technical issues arise in the areas of ruminants vaccine manufacturing, testing or performance in the field
- Supervise Scientists and Technicians in all Project related activities and manage professional development of all personnel reporting into this position
Desired skills & experience
- Veterinarian or PhD/Ms in immunology, virology, bacteriology or related field
- At least 7 years of relevant experience, preferably in the field of veterinary vaccine development
- Previous people management experience preferred
- Solid understanding of animal health product research and development processes
- Strategic thinking, commercially aware and have ability to work in a global matrix environment
- Proven ability to maintain an overview of multiple projects/products;
- Proven ability to work under high pressure and to meet critical timelines;
- Proven track record of working in international/intercultural business environment
- Good knowledge of GxP requirements ; experience as GLP study director preferred
- Strong communication, negotiation, problem solving as well as conflict management skills
- Fluent in English and excellent writing skills;
- Proficient computer skills.
- Good team-player skills;
- Good understanding of relevant European and international guidelines would be a plus
- Our company is a global healthcare leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Immunology, Law, Pharmaceutical, Project Manager, Veterinarian, Healthcare, Legal, Science, Technology, Veterinary