This job is currently Archived,
Senior Program Leader Targeted Genome Optimization Ghent Belgium,
Posted on : 17 January 2017
Your tasks and responsibilities
Your challenge will be to:
- Develop, plan, manage and communicate strategy and research project(s) aiming at the development and implementation of targeted genome optimization (TGO) enabling technologies.
- Through optimal coordination in Trait Research and with other Bayer R&D departments developing TGO, and the use of internal and external resources and infrastructures, ensure the efficient, timely and robust delivery of relevant TGO enabling technologies in relevant crops.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Support Trait Research in defining the TGO development and implementation strategy and coordinate its implementation in Trait Research.
- Drive and manage a research program with multiple projects within the field of TGO to ensure the efficient, timely and robust delivery of relevant TGO enabling technologies in relevant crops.
- Ensure a sustainable TGO capability by driving and integrating innovation in the research program in alignment with multiple Indication Area needs, and strategic guidelines.
- Build and maintain a network of relevant scientific contacts in academia and industry in the field of TGO.
- Proactively report/present and discuss content, status and progress of the research to relevant stakeholders within Trait Research, within Bayer outside of Trait Research (Alliance Management, Intellectual Property, Legal, Research Indications, R&D governing bodies), as well as at relevant scientific conferences.
- Ensure IP protection of technologies developed in the program and implement a proactive IP strategy which includes addressing IP portfolio gaps to ensure competitiveness.
- Drive cooperation across all relevant stakeholders.
Who you are
- PhD (or equivalent through experience) with minimum 10 years of relevant experience in R&D, achieving the deployment of new technologies and the management of research programs and external and international collaborations
- Scientific expertise and experience in, and understanding of the field of gene editing, and the biology related
- Advanced project management skills and up-to-date knowledge on feasibility, timelines and costs of R&D processes
- Innovative, result-driven and open-minded towards newly emerging solutions
- Leadership capabilities to inspire and empower a project team as well as to challenge the team members to the best of their abilities; demands accountability
- Team player, ability to interact with any stakeholder to translate technology priorities into research projects, ability to cooperate with any other stakeholder function in R&D and beyond
- Good communication/presentation and networking skills
What we offer you
You have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change. Employees benefit from good employment conditions, such as:
- Excellent salary including vacation allowance, company car, smartphone and expense allowances
- Performance bonus and year end premium
- 34 days off
- Group insurance which contains a defined contribution pension plan, life insurance and disability plan and hospitalisation insurance
- An inspiring working environment with professional and committed colleagues
- A successful innovative organisation
- International career possibilities
- Challenges and possibilities to learn and to develop
- Personal comfort services
Find a Job Find Candidates