Senior Production Process Improvement Specialist-Fermentation Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Develop fermentation and downstream processes that are robust, scalable and economical for bioreactor and/or roller bottle platforms in the production of veterinary viral vaccines.
- Represents Manufacturing departments on interdisciplinary teams and demonstrates working knowledge of current USDA regulatory guidelines and advanced technical knowledge.
- Designs and performs simple to complex experimental studies to identify and optimize critical process parameters for the development of robust manufacturing processes for new and existing veterinary biological products.
- Develops creative approaches and solutions and applies these to assigned projects as well as to develop new platform technologies and improve existing processes.
- Facilitate and lead product transfers from R&D and site to site.
- Orders supplies and reagents, prepares reagents and provides support for overall laboratory operations. Responsible for daily and regularly scheduled preventative maintenance of Product Development department equipment.
- Documents and prepares comprehensive, accurate and well written project summaries and reports.
- Interacts routinely and effectively with Manufacturing, Quality and Research.
BS degree plus 10 years of experience in Animal Health or other Biological field required. Alternately MS or PhD plus 5 years of experience in Animal Health or other Biological field required.
Experience in Research and Development, Process Development and/or Biological manufacturing or closely related field
Experience in bacteriology, fermentation and downstream processing
Highly developed communication, leadership and teamwork skills
Excellent project management, documentation and writing skills
Working knowledge of USDA regulatory requirements for manufacture and testing of Veterinary products.
Knowledge or experience of bioprocess scale-up
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our
employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Research Support Generic
Job Title:Sr. Specialist, Research
Primary Location: NA-US-MN-Worthington
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Hazardous Materials: Formalin, BEI,Thimerosol
responsibilities of this position require the employee to enter core sterile manufacturing areas
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Worthington
Job Segment: Industrial, Business Process, Product Development, Law, Manufacturing, Management, Research, Legal