This job is currently Archived,
Senior Product Manager - Portugal
Novo Nordisk (company)
Posted on : 04 April 2017
- The prevalence of diabetes in Europe is growing rapidly and there are increasing expectations to provide effective treatment and care for people suffering with diabetes.
- It is our clear ambition to continue as the leader in diabetes care across our market & region
- Are you ready to take on a new challenge? Do you want to use your excellent strategic skills to develop and execute strategic and tactical plans of launch and in-line brands to drive and to make growth up the business? If yes, then this opportunity might be interesting for you.
About the department
- You will be part of the Marketing department, which is responsible for driving the Affiliate strategy and supporting effective execution at a strategic level across the affiliate.
- You will report to the Marketing Director.
- We are 40 employees approx.
As Product Manager Senior your main responsibilities will be:
- Accountable to assist in the development and implementation of the key strategic imperatives, positioning & messaging for assigned marketed products in order to ensure the achievement of business objectives.
- Responsible to develop & ensure the alignment of brand positioning and messaging.
- Serves as the primary brand point person and develops and coordinates the overall brand plan, and is accountable for the implementation of marketing activities with heavy interaction with sales and other key departments.
- Responsible to execute and implement annual brand tactical plans and coordinates cross-functional teams and interacts extensively with the other functions within the company.
- Lead in the development of plans and strategic marketing plans for new and current products. This includes working with the relevant units to ensure in-depth market analysis, effective market research activities, thought leader development, etc.
- Develops and executes marketing plans through the extended brand team.
- Ensures timely execution and follow-up, meets deadlines, prioritizes projects and time, and anticipates problems and roadblocks to avoid crisis management.
- Develop and present compelling plans for management endorsement.
- Execute the effective integration of various marketing tactics – promotional medical education, advertising, public relations, sales force, patient education, etc.
- Accountable to manage the budget process for area of responsibility - makes sound decisions to optimize spend and ensure that resources are appropriately allocated and quality of services are maintained while costs remain on track and according to budget. Monitor agency expenses by looking for opportunities to maximize value while minimizing agency costs.
- Follow internal and external procedures in managing contracts. Regularly tracks and reconciles expenses to ensure budget is on track.
- Manage all aspects of the marketing mix including promotion, pricing, distribution, and product developments and/or changes.
- Lead and participate in the development of overall market research plans.
- Analyses and defines the market and delivers accurate sales projections/forecasts for existing products in coordination with Business Support.
- Develops and maintain key contacts with different target audiences to fully understand marketplace dynamics.
- Monitor competitor’s activities and share input & direction to Field Force.
- Develop and disseminate promotion and training programs with input from sales, including coordination of involved external suppliers and agencies.
- Develops personal and non-personal HCP promotional tactics and implements promotional tactics within budget parameters.
- Select and manage professional services to create effective programs to maximize return on investment.
- Manage the advertising agency and promotional review system to implement overall campaign, educational, promotional and public relations programs.
- Manages other brand functions as needed including special projects and process improvement initiatives.
BRAND TEAM LEADERSHIP
- Participates in teams and works cross-functionally to integrate all plans and strategies and ensure strategic alignment.
- Manages sales force communication and training regarding related programs ensuring effective integration with Sales Force activities.
- Work according to Business Ethics procedures.
- Master´s degree or equivalent experience (Marketing background). Desirable Master.
- Fluent in Portuguese and English
- +5 years sales and/or Brand management/marketing experience within the pharmaceutical industry required.
- Proven track record in new product marketing
- Competency profiles
- Extensive knowledge and experience in designing and implementing project plans.
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Communication with impact & influence (High public speaking skills)
- Customer orientation and ability to build external relationships
- Planning, Execution and Follow-Up – effectively prioritizes and spends his/her time and the time of other on what is important.
- Develops accurate short and long term plans.
- Ensures timely execution and follow-up. Meets deadlines.
- Anticipates problems and roadblocks to avoid crisis management.
Working with Us:
- We use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes.
- We offer the chance to be part of a truly global work place, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development.