This job is currently Archived,
Senior Product Manager, Cloud Platform - United States
Posted on : 11 April 2017
Job Type : Full Time
Career Level : Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Location : Waltham MA US
Job Description :
- We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to drive the direction of one of our most strategic initiative, the Signals Platform.
- This individual will be responsible for
- This SaaS platform integrates with multiple critical products, and this role requires someone who is adept at managing interdependencies and communicating at multiple levels from long-term vision to detailed technical requirements including various stakeholders including business representatives and technical design teams.
- This individual will be expected to define requirements across applications and silos, setting the vision for the platform built on top of a “Big Data”/data lake technology stack.
- This is a wonderful opportunity to have a high-profile impact as well as to be exposed to hot technology, including AWS, Hadoop, mongoDB, elastic search, Kibana, and Microsoft Office Online.
- This role will be based in Waltham, MA, but will require periodic to customers. 20% travel.
- Identify market needs through market research supported by visits to current / prospective customers
- Generate ideas for new and existing products
- Work cross-functionally to define go-to-market strategy, create product positioning statements, articulate key benefits and target customer profile
- Work with R&D and Services to build and deliver product and product based solutions to customers
- Evangelize – both internally and externally – the product offerings
- Create, maintain and assume accountability for a culture of high customer service
- Create crisp and clear requirements documentation for new product ideas/ product enhancement
- Get product ideas approved and product development activities initiated
- Play a hands-on role in early days of product (during development, initial proof of concept engagements with select customers) to demonstrate value of product to customer
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Science, or related discipline
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in building or using enterprise software solutions
- Sound understanding of software product life cycle management
- Experience in end-to-end execution of product launch marketing strategies
- Good requirements analysis & documentation experience
- 1-3 years of experience involving “Big Data” data lake initiatives
- Previous experience as a software product manager is highly desirable including solutions such as Horton Works, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, etc.
- Exposure to “Big Data” data lake initiatives within the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with new “Big Data” technology stacks including Apache Spark, Attivio AIE, etc.
- Results focused
- Demonstrated success in developing new product or solution ideas
- Launching new software products
- Translating needs into actionable technical requirements
- Attention to detail and a concern for quality
- Strategic Perspective
- Business & technically savvy; has big picture vision and drive to make that vision a reality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills used across multiple and varied stakeholders
- Business planning
- Planning, prioritizing and reporting at the tactical level as well as the strategic level