Senior Procurement Specialist Job - Singapore
- Responsible for a broad spectrum of support activities;
- Including stakeholder support, contract execution and management, and supplier management.
- Represents supply sector(s) locally, understanding supply strategies and agreements and describing the benefits to their country and Merck overall.
- Conducts research and analysis in support of local sourcing plans.
- Implements regional and global sourcing initiatives locally and participates on local sourcing teams focused on improvements in AQSCI.
- Identifies and documents all cost reduction and profit plan improvements.
- Conducts RFPs, RFQs and quotation analysis as well as negotiations as required.
- Participate in daily tier 2 meetings in their respective areas
- Other responsibilities may include:
- Understands the sourcing strategy developed by the Supply Sectors and executes action plans to achieve the sourcing team's objectives. Participates in local sourcing strategies and local program implementation. Liaise with the Supply Sectors to assure local spend is in line with agreed sourcing strategy. Assists in evaluating potential suppliers on country specific issues. Is familiar with the various suppliers and product lines available in stakeholder areas. Assists in analyzing customer's business and evaluates potential savings through supplier consolidation. Creates and executes RFI's, RFP's and FRS's: wherever possible using e-RFX
2) Transactional Process
- Within assigned stakeholder and supply sector area, responsible for processing purchase orders, change orders and contracts in accordance with grants of authority guidelines. Ensures that purchase agreements are in compliance with master agreements and preferred suppliers. Resolves discrepancies through interaction with PtP Service Center, Receiving and Stakeholders. Expedites critical and strategic deliveries.
3) Contract Negotiation and Management
- Leads and participates in negotiation sessions with suppliers. Prepare, implements and audits compliance with appropriate contract. Resolves issues regarding supplier delivery of assurance, quality and service, and documents resolution.
4) Supplier Management and Performance Tracking
- Manages, monitors, reports and seeks to continuously improve supplier performance. Ensures agreements have a good supplier matrix embedded within them. Acts as a primary point of contact for supplier interactions and assists in supplier's performance assessments. Maintains a working knowledge of supplier's organization, product lines, contractual agreements and transportation terms. Compiles information to be incorporated in Supplier's Scorecard. Assists Sourcing Managers in analyzing departmental spends with certain suppliers and recommends consolidation or redirection to preferred suppliers. Conducts periodic supplier surveys/evaluations/visits and provides feedback to sourcing managers
- Conducts data analysis at the local level on suppliers, supply market, cost and price of goods and services that are supplied to Merck using available data.
6) Continuous Improvement
- Keeps abreast of current procurement general knowledge, procedures, and business issues in order to facilitate effective and practical solutions to client requests, concerns, and inquiries. Continuously learns new areas of the global procurement supply sectors, its business practices, and issues in order to provide superior support to stakeholders. Administers and conducts customer service surveys to key stakeholders (managers and planners to validate their reeds. Assists in providing feedback to the sourcing managers regarding the integration of preferred supplier alliances including the effectiveness of the stakeholder/supplier interface, problem resolution and optimization. Makes recommendations on how to improve the existing.
7) System Support
- Assists in systems training for stakeholders. Assists in the maintenance of catalog items, specifically electronic catalogs. Ensure agreements are in the document management system.
- Participates on category sourcing teams providing local country input. Links market knowledge and country requirements to sourcing team holding the team accountable to creation of breakthrough strategies that meet local business requirement.
- Diploma holder with relevant 7 years of experiences OR BS/Associate Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or related field strongly preferred. MBA or advanced degree is desirable
- 7 to 10 year experience in commercial, business, operations function required or experience in non-procurement role. Fluency in English and country language to liaise with associates
- Stakeholder Management & Communication — Proactively seeks to engage business partners and stakeholders. Understand their short and long terms needs ad requirements and effective in ensuring requirements are reflected in sourcing strategies to meet both operational and strategic needs. Communication will play a key role in success and will play an important part within the job.
Job: Procurement Generic Job Title:Procurement Project Specialist
Primary Location: APAC-SG-Singapore-Singapore
Employee Status: Regular
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Procurement, Supply, Engineer, Buyer, Operations, Research, Engineering