- We are expanding our Procurement team further for 2017 and have opportunities for three Planners to join our Global Headquarters.
- We seek to provide quality affordable healthcare products.
- With over $5 billion in sales and more than 13,000 people working around the world, our Company is a leading global healthcare supplier.
- We develop, manufacture, package and distribute over-the-counter and prescription pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, active pharmaceutical ingredients and consumer products.
- We are the world’s largest manufacturer of store brand OTC pharmaceutical products and infant formulas.
- In 2013 our company completed the acquisition of Élan in what was the largest corporate takeover in Ireland, $8.6bn.
- We are a company that is growing organically and inorganically and we have a new position for a Senior Procurement Planner.
- This role will be based out of our Irish Corporate Headquarters and will be past of a our Global Supply Chain Center of Excellence.
About the role
- The Senior Procurement Planner will be responsible for ordering direct materials with external as well as internal suppliers, working on behalf of and in conjunction with other company entities.
- This role will act as primary liaison between our company entities and external as well as internal suppliers, agreeing supply schedules with the suppliers which are then communicated to internal stakeholders.
- The position is responsible for processing inter-company transactions related to the product flow in our company’s many ERP systems– creating sales orders, executing goods receipt and goods issue, invoicing, etc.
- This role will be based out of our Irish Corporate Headquarters and will report to a Sr. Director within Global Procurement Operations.
- Manage global inventory
- Execute Planning in monthly cycle, taking forecast and actual sales into account
- Interact with Customer Service and Distribution regarding orders and deliveries
- Via Stage Gate representation, understand and manage SKU conversions and product launches
- Place replenishment purchase orders to supplier
- Act as primary liaison between our company and suppliers for schedules, SKU conversions and launches, change requests, and exchange of documents etc
- Escalating supplier failings to SRM as needed
- Manage order flow in multiple ERP’s, and resolve discrepancies to ensure transparent and correct inter-company payment transactions
- Interact and communicate with internal departments within multiple time zones.
- Work closely with local company sites to understand demand and act on change requests from plants
- Expedite deliveries as needed based on company or supplier schedule changes.
- Work with our company locations and suppliers to resolve invoice discrepancies, returns, etc.
- Ensure correct inter-company transactions in ERP systems
- 3-5 years of hands-on procurement planning experience
- Solid understanding of supply chain concepts (e.g. strategic inventory drivers, supply chain mapping)
- Excellent working knowledge of / experience with MRP systems via SAP
- Ability to switch between multiple non-aligned SAP system environments and understand configuration differences (e.g. master data)
- Ability to work in fast paced and deadline-oriented environment with competing priorities
- Ability to leverage subject matter expertise to work with and influence peers and management
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-management capabilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to work with internal and external partners
- 3rd level degree in Business/SCM or similar preferable
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications and SharePoint sites