Senior Process Engineer- Biologics Pilot Plant - Belgium
Posted on : 19 July 2017
- We put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease.
- Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
- To strengthen our Process Engineering team, based in our Biologic Pilot Plant in Belgium, we are looking to fill the position of: Downstream industrial process expert.
As a 'analyvative' person and Downstream industrial process expert you like to work in an environment where you can:
- Participate to the booming transition from development to commercial of our company's pipeline of new biologic
- Be the ambassador of our company processes to our commercial manufacturing network
- Aggregate, leverage and coordinate the scientific knowledge acquired by our development organization to make our company commercial manufacturing operations best in class.
- Work with the best experts within the industry
As a 'analyvative' person and Downstream industrial process expert you will contribute by:
- Bring subject matter expert contribution to the impact assessment and corrective and preventive actions related to deviations.
- Define/Design the way industrial downstream operations should look like based on experience, benchmark of the industry best practices and own vision
- Drive/Support continuous improvements of equipment, systems and methods to increase our company's and partners' mammalian cell-based manufacturing operations efficiency.
- Drive/Support troubleshooting activities related to downstream manufacturing operations at our company's internal facilities or our company's partners facilities.
- Work closely with other SMEs to standardize operational practices and monitoring among the different areas/scales.
- Take part of internal audits and of inspections by heath authorities.
For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
- At least 10 years of experience in running, designing or supporting downstream manufacturing activities of biologic drug substance at industrial scale.
- Deep knowledge of technologies and unit operations involved in downstream bio processing (buffer preparation, chromatography, filtration, ultra- and dia-filtration, virus inactivation, bulk fill, cleaning in place systems).
- Practical experience with technology transfers, scale-up/scale-down and optimization of industrial processes.
- Practical experience with large scale manufacturing of biological products.
- Expertise in data processing, trending and analysis.
- Fluent in French and English
- Passionate and results driven
- An inspirational role model, leading and driving change through out of the box thinking and strong communication skills
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Scientist, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Biologist, Engineering, Science