Senior/Principal Scientist, Pharmacology - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines and solutions to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases of the immune system or of the central nervous system. We have a passionate, long-term commitment to discovering and developing innovative medicines that transform the lives of people with severe diseases.
Our Pharmacology Group (PPG) designs, develops and runs cellular, biochemical and biophysical assays to drive the discovery of small molecule and antibody drugs and to provide pharmacological insight into drug mechanism. As an integral and innovative part of early drug discovery, we operate in cross-functional therapeutic project teams, and work with first class academic and commercial partners across the world. PPG has an exciting opportunity for a biologist with experience in early drug discovery and expertise in assay development and prosecution to support small molecule and antibody therapeutic projects.
You will have experience in developing and running biochemical assays in plate-based assays using liquid handling automation. You will develop assays independently based on an understanding of the target and mechanism to be interrogated and their role in disease, innovating new approaches where required. Your background and knowledge in in vitro pharmacology will allow you to provide insight into the mechanism and properties of novel therapeutics. A keen interest in the use of liquid handling and automation is highly desirable.
- Independent design, development and prosecution of in vitro biochemical assays for screening and profiling of small molecules and antibodies.
- Identifying and evaluating innovative assay technologies.
- Pharmacological characterisation of novel therapeutics.
- Strengthen assay biology expertise within Discovery Biology and across our company through influencing, mentoring and networking, in particular establishing effective external collaborations.
- Proactive communication and partnership with other groups within and outside own functional area to influence science, technology and project progression.
- Represent our company at major international conferences and publish relevant work.
- Candidate will have experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated ability to independently design, develop and prosecute in vitro biochemical assays for screening and profiling of small molecules and antibodies.
- Strong knowledge and experience of early drug discovery.
- Experience of data capture and analysis tools.
- Experience and knowledge of quantitative pharmacology.
- Interest in liquid handling and automation is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrates effective decision-making.
- Proven track record of managing successful collaborations and good external network.
- Record of publication and conference presentations.
Job Segment: Biochemistry, Biotech, Scientific, Pharmaceutical, Scientist, Science, Engineering