This job is currently Archived,
Senior Principal Scientist, DMPK - United States
Posted on : 26 February 2017
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives.
- Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
- We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge.
- With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
- The Senior Principal Scientist in Exploratory DMPK serves as an integral member of the team that supports early stage discovery and development of pharmaceuticals, including the identification, mechanistic investigation, and management of ADME issues from initial Target Identification to Development Candidate nomination stages.
- In general, scientist will provide appropriate scientific perspective to identify ADME issues of a potential drug candidate early in the drug development process.
- This scientist will manage and supervise scientific, administrative, and technical activities related to DMPK.
- Additionally, this individual will provide expertise and help support mechanistic studies of later stage development compounds.
- Knowledge of bio-transformation and metabolite identification tools is a plus.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design and conduct in vitro and in vivo ADME experiments focused on identification of molecules for advancement in the Discovery pipeline including the following capacities.
- Supervisory oversight of conduct of quality in vitro ADME, in vivo PK assays and bioanalysis
- Conduct and lead in silico modeling efforts to predict human PK and dose
- Departmental representation on multiple Discovery project teams
- Innovation in tailoring ADME experiments to address specific needs and step outside the current DMPK paradigms to critically evaluate traditionally accepted concepts
- Effective collaborations with medicinal chemistry, biotherapeutics, formulations, pharmacology, and toxicology departments
- Ability to serve as a strategic resource to resolve complex problems on discovery teams
Ph.D. with at least 15 years of relevant work experience, required.
- Ph.D. in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or other life sciences fields and a minimum of 10 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Understanding of biotransformation and metabolite identification and scientific areas beyond DMPK
- Ability to provide expert guidance and lead and/or influence discovery teams
- Demonstrated scientific excellence through laboratory skills, publications and/or leadership
- Ability to lead, motivate, and mentor DMPK scientists and assist with management of the department
- Full understanding of the conduct of ADME studies including the in-life, drug metabolism, and bioanalysis using LC/MS/MS, and analysis of data using modeling tools such as WinNonLin (Pheonix)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and an ability to present effective and succinct points of view to influence the projects through scientific debate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency are required.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues in other Departments and Project Teams.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a collaborative team environment.
- Enthusiasm to learn and to contribute to teams in a collaborative fashion across multiple disciplines
- Ability to partner with senior management in developing visions for novel/practical R&D directions
- Our company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Our complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for our company in the U.S.