- Our company is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs.
- The company has a diverse portfolio of products and product candidates, with a focus in the areas of sleep and hematology/oncology and has approximately 1,000 employees in the United States, Canada and Europe.
- We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Payroll Analyst.
- The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll for the US and Canadian entities and for all daily payroll related activities.
- This position will interact with various business partners in several functional areas and will be the first point of contact for all payroll related inquiries.
- Perform all aspects of payroll under the supervision of the Associate Director, Payroll ensuring bi-weekly payroll processing timelines are met
- Accountable for accurate and timely payroll processing for all U.S. and Canadian employees
- Manage new hire onboarding, terminations, Leave of Absence
- Monitor Federal, State and Local updates by employees
- Maintain time and attendance records; audit timesheets for compliance with established standards
- Calculate and record voluntary payroll deductions, garnishments, vacation accruals and other adjustments
- Maintain payroll internal controls; ensuring proper procedures, policies, and rules are applied to payroll activities
- Perform testing of new Workday releases
- Reconcile quarterly tax filings prepared by third party service provider
- Handle employees inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
- Maintain professional business relationships with business partners in various functional areas.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 3+ years of payroll experience in fast–paced multi state company
- Comprehensive understanding of multi state labor and tax laws
- Experience with Workday Payroll System a plus
- Knowledge of SOX controls and experience using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Great customer service skills
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently, providing results in a timely manner/within a designated deadline and with minimum errors
- Assume responsibility for all assigned projects
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills and ability to adapt to changes with Payroll system and processes as needed
- Team player
- Strong confidentiality ethic.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration/Accounting
- CPP desirable.
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes
- Frequent computer use at workstation
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.