Senior Outsourcing Manager in CMC Development - Denmark
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your project management and negotiation skills to exciting challenges and play a key role in supporting an ambitious drug development pipeline in Chemistry, Manufacturing and Control (CMC) Development?
- Our company is successfully expanding its drug development pipeline to benefit more than 20 million patients world-wide.
- This growing pipeline increases the need for outsourcing of many CMC activities, e.g. the manufacture of novel excipients, critical raw materials for our Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) manufacturing processes, selected API manufacturing processes.
- Perhaps you could be our new Senior Outsourcing Manager responsible for ensuring smooth and effective management of outsourcing of CMC activities.
About the department
- CMC Sourcing Support department is responsible for all sourcing and outsourcing activities which support the company development pipeline.
- Comprising of 11 dedicated and experienced employees, the department is responsible for executing sourcing and outsourcing activities, from selecting a competent collaboration partner, negotiating the contractual framework, to project management of the project until all deliverables are completed.
- The department is a part of CMC Development in R&D and plays a significant role in bringing new medicinal products to the market.
- As a Sr. Outsourcing Manager, you will head the Cross-functional Outsourcing team, consisting of various experts from R&D, and be responsible for successfully managing various outsourcing projects, primarily in the area of chemical synthesis or biotechnology.
- You will also be responsible for the selection and approval of Contract Manufacturing Organisations (CMOs), negotiating and maintaining relevant agreements and ensuring a harmonious and collaborative relationship.
- You will also be responsible for protecting our company intellectual property rights while securing timely deliveries in the proper documented quality.
- You will ensure that the underlying outsourcing processes and strategies are in place, anchored in relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and adhered to.
- You will facilitate cross-organisational collaboration with relevant stakeholders across the company, e.g. in quality, regulatory, purchasing, manufacturing development and commercial manufacturing.
- The position offers you exciting challenges as well as broad organisational exposure.
- You will experience a high degree of responsibility in an engaging and professional environment.
- You hold an MSc or Ph.D. in Chemistry or Biochemistry or other relevant Life Science degree and have at least 5-8 year of experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry.
- You have a thorough understanding of the R&D value chain, and you possess a profound understanding of the drug development processes, including a good understanding of cGMP.
- Preferably, you have been working with process development as responsible Scientist or Project Manager at some stage of your career.
- Experience with outsourcing and strong negotiation skills are advantages.
- You must be fluent in oral and written English.
- You possess excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, and can work in a complex inter-disciplinary organisation while influencing and maintaining focus.
- You are comfortable and competent in dealing with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders at all organisational levels.
- You are proactive, positive, and independent, and are able to handle many tasks at the same time.
- You enjoy working as part of a team, and you are able to use your own experiences and personal drive to make the best of the team you are in.
- You thrive in a changeable environment where prioritization of complex tasks is required on a regular basis.
- You constantly strive for improvement and pay close attention to details while keeping sight of the broader perspective.
Working with us:
- Your skills, dedication and ambition help us change lives for the better.
- In exchange, we offer you an opportunity to work with extraordinary talent and benefit from a range of possibilities for professional and personal development.