Senior Microbiology Technician - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This role will have the following responsibilities:
- Effectively perform routine QC activities in order to meet testing and release timelines.
- Undertake and supervise the microbiological analysis of antigens, vaccines and water.
- Ensure samples are tested correctly.
- Assist in the management of the Microbiology and Sterility team.
- Implement and manage changes to the laboratory and quality systems.
- Comply with Standard Operational Procedures (SOP’s), local GMP, ESH procedures and company corporate policies process improvements.
- Implementing, developing and reviewing SOP’s.
- Assisting the Team Leader to source lab equipment.
- Ensuring the response to breakdown or emergency situations is effective.
- Implementation of external and internal auditing systems.
- Undertake specialist site investigations.
- Assisting and documenting investigations.
- Maintain safe working practices at all times within our company.
- Maintain all documentation and training records as per the requirements.
- Ensure positive, timely and effective communication with team members and internal customers.
- Degree in a Life Science discipline.
- Experience in Microbiological testing in a pharmaceutical or cosmetic laboratory
- Previous experience within Quality Control environment would be desirable.
- Good understanding of GMP quality systems.
- Ability to work to set timelines and meet targets.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn new techniques.
- Good Excel/Word skills.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Microbiology, Technician, Esthetician, Pharmaceutical, Laboratory, Science, Technology, Hospitality