Senior Microbiology Technician Job - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This role will have the following responsibilities:
- Effectively perform routine QC activities in order to meet testing and release timelines.
- Undertake and supervise the microbiological analysis of antigens, vaccines and water.
- Ensure samples are tested correctly.
- Assist in the management of the Microbiology and Sterility team.
- Implement and manage changes to the laboratory and quality systems.
- Comply with Standard Operational Procedures (SOP’s), local GMP, ESH procedures and company corporate policies process improvements
- Implementing, developing and reviewing SOP’s.
- Assisting the Team Leader to source lab equipment.
- Ensuring the response to breakdown or emergency situations is effective.
- Implementation of external and internal auditing systems.
- Undertake specialist site investigations.
- Assisting and documenting investigations.
- Maintain safe working practices at all times within the company.
- Maintain all documentation and training records as per the requirements.
- Ensure positive, timely and effective communication with team members and internal customers.
- Degree in a Life Science discipline.
- Experience in Microbiological testing in a pharmaceutical or cosmetic laborator
- Previous experience within Quality Control environment would be desirable.
- Good understanding of GMP quality systems.
- Ability to work to set timelines and meet targets.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn new techniques.
- Good Excel/Word skills.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.