Senior Medical Affairs Advisor - United Kingdom
Posted on : 26 December 2016
- The Senior Medical Adviser is a critical role within the I&I medical team.
- This role will be responsible for ensuring the development and delivery of the full range of medical activities undertaken in the UK&Ire Affiliate.
- This will include the opportunity to line manage the existing medical advisers.
- The accountability of these activities will remain with the Director of Medical Affairs.
- This role will be expected to have a strong history and demonstrably successful track record in medical affairs.
- He/she will be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the ABPI Code of Practice to ensure accuracy and compliance.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Act as therapy area expert to provide strategic medical input into the company decisions on specified therapeutic areas as required.
- Develop and maintain strong scientific partnerships with key external experts and professional bodies.
- To advise on compliance issues, review and approve materials in accordance with the ABPI/IPHA Codes of Practice and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Line management of existing medical advisers
- Take responsibility for and manage the execution of the medical strategic plan
- To provide leadership and support to others in the Medical Affairs teams
- Provide support to the Director, Medical Affairs in developing and implementing Medical Affairs initiatives to support the needs of our company.
- Ensuring training of staff to meet technical, medical and interpersonal challenges of their roles
- Provide scientific support to Marketing, Regulatory, Market Access, Pharmacovigilance and Risk Management groups
- Ensure adverse events and pregnancy reports are duly processed in line with company procedures and assist in assessment of adverse event reports originating in the UK and Ireland for completeness, consistency and reporting requirements
- Provide portfolio of data and medical/scientific input to HTA or other market access submissions as required
- Advise on medical safety or clinical issues as required
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Registered Medical Doctor
- Must be a Final Signatory
- Extensive pharmaceutical industry experience including experience in medical affairs-
- Demonstrable understanding of the ABPI Code of Practice
- Previous line management experience is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organisational skills
- Strong identification with company’s values
- Understanding of pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good team working skills
- Leadership qualities
- IT aptitude
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives.
- Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
- We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge.
- With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing.
- We look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.