- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives.
- Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
- We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge.
- With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
- The Senior Medical Adviser, Multiple Sclerosis (MS) will be responsible for creating the medical footprint of our company in Multiple Sclerosis.
- The role is based on the following principal activities: national leader interactions and national network development; identification and development of research opportunities; implementation of medical affairs activities; collaboration with Regulatory Affairs and Market Access; network with the global team as Canadian representative.
Responsibilities will include:
National Leaders Development
- Identify, develop, and maintain relationships with current and future national leaders; develop speakers and advocates among national and regional leaders
- Development of scientific content for advisory boards and consultancy meetings which is relevant and aligned with both local and global priorities
- Plan and coordinate medical marketing and scientific communication activities (advisory boards, consultancy meetings, scientific conferences, networking with KOLs, etc.)
- Disseminate scientific information including innovative medical education materials
- Make clinical and scientific presentations to healthcare audiences
- Contribute to strategic initiatives and training/update of the RMLs/marketing teams
- External scientific material review e.g. most current and relevant publications
- National conference activities: attendance, key poster identification, executive summary of presentations and posters from the conference
- Develop and maintain a database of relevant slide kits
- Strategically liaise with local Clinical Operations, as required
- Study site identification, facilitate recruitment and enrollment
- Contributes with national and regional leaders in developing concepts clinical studies
- Identify existing data and facilitate publications as appropriate
- Provide scientific/medical expertise to the therapeutic area teams
- Liaise between academic thought leaders and our company.
- Contribute to the evaluation of grants for educational and research initiatives
- Strongly collaborate with Global Medical Affairs
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders (Regulatory, Market Access, Marketing) to align strategic medical and scientific initiatives
- Monitor and maintain budgets associated with projects aligned to the role
Education and Experience:
- MD or/and PhD; MSc; or, PharmD with 3/5+ years of pharmaceutical experience, with experience in Clinical Research and with a Medical Affairs focus preferred.
- French language fluency an asset.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Ability to analyze and interpret scientific results and to present complex scientific/medical information to scientific and lay audiences
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation, negotiating skills and medical and scientific writing skills in a complex therapeutic area
- Highly collaborative with excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams required
- Good leadership skills
- Knowledge of clinical trial design, regulations and statistics
- Knowledge of R&D guidelines and PAAB code
- Ability to convey knowledge and interact with opinion leaders and external experts as a peer
- Strategic thinking and prioritizing capacity
- Ability to plan and coordinate programs and activities
- Knowledge of the business strategies and the business implications of scientific and medical plans and decisions
- Knowledge of the Health Canada and other federal and provincial policies impacting area as asset
- Head office based role, with approximately 50% travel required.