Senior Mechanical Engineer San Jose United States,
Join Tecan. Join the Market Leader.
Work in an international and dynamic environment.
Tecan Systems is a leading global supplier of solutions for the biopharma, forensic and diagnostic industries. The company is a leader in the development, production and distribution of liquid handling components used in advanced automation and detection solution for the world’s leading life science laboratories.
Is it your ambition to contribute to the quality of life of humankind by enabling our customers to make the world and our community a healthier and safer place?
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Reference Job # 081-817RD
Reporting to the Director of R&D or a Project Manager, this position is responsible for performing professional level mechanical engineering assignments with higher degree of complexity with general direction. The successful candidate will be able to perform analysis, design and modification of new or existing products up through the finished product level and apply industry and Tecan Systems’ standard engineering and design principles to assigned tasks. Work errors could cause delay, expense and disruption.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- · Following generally accepted guidelines and technical approaches, performs some complex tasks in the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of new or existing products. Develops new products and OEM specials along with support of existing products.
- · Working closely with both Engineering and Marketing personnel to help define new design and testing specifications.
- · Documenting projects and writes releases, ECOs, procedures and other test and verification documents as required in conformance with standard Tecan Systems’, ISO and FDA standards.
- · Researching new mechanical engineering practices, procedures and tools to maintain proficiency and experience with emerging technologies.
- · Providing technical guidance to other members of the Engineering staff as needed.
- · Interfacing directly with customers to assist in resolution of specific application problems unique to their respective products.
Training, Experience and skill requirements:
- · Requires BS degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent and 5-6 years of applicable design engineering experience.
- · Instrument design and/or motion control experience.
- · Proficiency in Pro-E 3D solid modeling design software and Intralink.
- · Medical Device, Life Science or Biotech Industry experience is highly preferred.
- · Available to travel domestically and internationally as required.
- · Experience in design of sheet metal and precision machined components essential.
- · Good hands-on mechanical aptitude preferred.
- · Experience in design of molded plastics a plus.
- · Design For Manufacturability & Assembly coursework desirable.
Tecan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Qualified Applicants please submit your resume to:
Find a Job Find Candidates