Senior Material Planner - DS Molecular LLC - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The primary responsibility of this position is to plan and track the movement of materials that is required to meet customer requirement and inventory target.
- This position is expected to possess the capability to accurately excise independent judgment relative to work activities in compliance with all company GSOP’s and applicable regulations including ISO, FDA, Local, State, and/or Federal requirements.
- Analyze monthly production and demand. Plan inventories to maximize service level and inventory turns.
- Maintain and release work order to meet forecast and customer requirements.
- Track and ensure the movements of material are in line with plan.
- Drive work order data accuracy and material transaction accuracy as required by ERP system.
- Maintain accuracy of the planning parameters and up-to-date BOM in the ERP system.
- Optimize the size of production order quantity to balance labor and inventory.
- Manage planned order with past release dates, expedited due date, zero inventory and below standard Months of Supply.
- Suggest process improvement while maintaining effectiveness in a changing environment.
- Establish strong cross-functional understanding that will ensure good operating policies and procedures, in cost accounting, finance, manufacturing, distribution, engineering, quality and other areas as applicable.
- Minimum of 5 years overall planning experience, or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- Working knowledge of ERP, material management and supply chain planning process.
- Understanding of technical documentations and specifications.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Proficient in the use of ERP advanced planning modules as well as MS Excel, Project, Word, PowerPoint and Access software.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively write correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to suppliers, customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in time sensitive situations.
Languages Fluent spoken and written English