Senior Market Access, and Public Affairs Manager - Canada
- Our company is a global healthcare company with more than 90 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes care.
- This heritage has given us experience and capabilities that also enable us to help people defeat other serious chronic conditions such as haemophilia, growth disorders and obesity.
- Our company employs approximately 42,600 people in 75 countries and markets its products in more than 180 countries.
- In Canada we are ranked as one of top employers to work for and we invest significant resources in developing our employees through close sparring, frequent feedback and by giving challenging responsibilities to individuals.
- As Senior Market Access & Public Affairs Manager, you will develop payer, policy and advocacy environment to optimize execution of market access initiatives, build relationships with external stakeholders, gain insights and intelligence and identify risks and opportunities.
- You will also be a strategic leader in reimbursement business case development and decision-making and you will be working closely with local and global internal stakeholders to secure engagement and alignment.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Deliver an external affairs plan (strategy, tactics, timelines) to address environmental policy impacts in the private and public arena, stakeholder advocacy with the goal of supporting market access opportunities short-term and long-term
- Monitor evolution in public and private reimbursement policy environment.
- Gain and share insights and intelligence on policies & networks within public/private payer, and patient advocacy arena.
- Identify risk and assess opportunities to advance business initiatives to support access
- Map influence network and deliver brand core value story, key clinical and health economic messages, and health policy asks in alignment with company and from an industry perspective. Create awareness of our company history, pipeline, product value and socioeconomic contributions
- Participate and contribute to industry organization advocacy planning & initiatives on public and private payer and patient engagement policies
- Support market access team on PLA initiatives and payer engagements.
- Contribute to negotiation strategy based on local payer priorities, attitudes and needs
- Work with patient advocacy groups to understand priorities, needs and relevant patient experience for HTA patient evidence submissions
- Work with regional sales teams to understand clinical experience issues, barriers, and opportunities and answer questions around market access.
- Ensure budget management tasks are managed according to internal procedures and deadlines
- The Senior Market Access & Public Affairs Manager will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Science and an MBA is preferred.
- You will also have a minimum of 7 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry external affairs, public policy, reimbursement, brand management and sales management experience.
- You will demonstrate knowledge and experience in the pharmaceuticals and biologic current healthy policy arena.
- You also have the ability to work effectively as a member and leader of a team with close collaboration with market access, marketing, medical and public relations/ communications colleagues.
- In this role you must possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders and strong organizational and project management skills.
- You must manage business complexity by making and supporting timely, insightful decisions based on the best information available in order to drive results.