Senior Manager, Vaccine Communications - Vaccine Business Unit - United States
Empowering Our People to Shine
Takeda is a global, innovation-driven pharmaceutical leader with 30,000 professionals working together across 70+ countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put patients first for more than 230 years while we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives—including your own.
Contribute to the development of Takeda Vaccine Communications strategy and manages the execution of programs and tactics. Manages day-to-day internal communications for Takeda’s Vaccine Business Unit (VBU) and supports the Head of Vaccine Communications in defining and managing VBU’s public relations strategies and tactics to promote and defend the business unit’s reputation.
- Support the Head of Vaccine Communications in the execution of public relations strategy to promote and defend external reputation of Takeda’s corporate activities, including the development of issues and crisis communications plans.
- Manage internal communications activities and content within VBU, including oversight of Vaccinews, internal announcements, and other VBU-wide communications activities such as global Town Halls, working with stakeholders in VBU and across Takeda. Support function-level and site-level communications activities as needed.
- Identify and incorporate key VBU communications milestones into CMSO and Takeda-wide Communications planning instruments (Internal and External), including business development, clinical and commercial milestones.
- Manages process of identifying, assessing and presenting appropriate opportunities to Takeda VBU executive team and providing presentation support to head of VBU (Town Halls, speeches, etc.).
- Collaborate closely on an ongoing basis with stakeholders within VBU and across Takeda to ensure alignment. Ensure appropriate collaboration between necessary functions (government affairs, human resources, business operations, etc.).
- Maintain internal brand consistency and quality across print and digital collateral and logo items. (i.e. acts as VBU’s approval point for giveaways, VBU templates, etc.)
- Lead VBU’s approach for leveraging social media platform, Yammer, for internal communications. Act as representative to VBU staff seeking to integrate/optimize social media for project team communications.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors required; advanced degree in communications preferred.
Minimum 8 years’ experience required in corporate communications, PR agency or consultancy.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry highly desirable.
- Experience working successfully with global cross-functional teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Think critically and have the ability to craft messages for targeted audiences.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time while traveling.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 25-35% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.