Senior Manager, US Payer Channel Marketing - United States
- The Senior Manager, US Payer Channel Marketing will be a strong leader on the US Payer Channel Marketing team.
- This position is responsible for developing and leading key marketing initiatives within the PCM strategic and tactical plans, with a focus on payers, health systems, and specialty pharmacies.
- This role will also be responsible for developing analytics and reporting that will provide insights into payer and channel performance.
Essential functions of the job may include:
- Help lead cross-functional strategic initiatives and shape key strategic marketing choices
- Develop and execute against promotional and non-promotional strategic and tactical plans targeting US based payers, health systems and pharmacies involved in managing the treatment of MS
- Lead the development of promotional and non-promotional initiatives that meet or exceed tactical goals
- Lead the development and execution of a multi-channel marketing plan including digital and non-personal tactics
- Support commercial conference, congress and society activities
- Gain approval for marketing strategies and tactics through the internal review processes
- Ensure all marketing activities are in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements
- Develop analytics and reporting that will provide insights into channel performance and recommendations supporting short-term tactical decisions and long-term strategic planning
- Conduct analyses of market changes, dynamics and unmet need in the payer and pharmacy spaces.
- Utilize customer and marketplace insights to identify, develop, and execute business initiatives that advance the business.
- Effectively manage the operational budget
- Provide effective leadership with external agencies
- Individuals will be required to work collaboratively with the following business functions to successfully lead HCP marketing initiatives:
- Market Access & Reimbursement (Contracting, Pricing, Account Management)
- Brand Teams
- Trade & Distribution
- Customer facing teams (example: sales, specialty teams, etc.)
- Multi-Channel Marketing
- Sales Training
- Market Research
- Medical Affairs
- Global Marketing
- Information Technology
- Have demonstrated abilities to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Effectively influence, collaborate, and communicate with internal and external business partners
- Exhibit leadership skills, have the ability to perform in fast paced environments and influence without authority
- Be a self-starter who functions well independently or within a team
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Be innovative and provide an analytical approach to business problem solving, along with high level project management skills.
- Seasoned commercial professional, with 6+ years of pharmaceutical commercial experience, including at least 2+ years of market access experience
- Experience in development and execution of commercial and/or marketing strategies including medical education and digital strategies
- Experience with developing sophisticated reporting, analytics and insights
- Minimum of 4 years biotech/pharma marketing experience
- Experience in specialty markets; of particular interest are neurology, oncology, immunology or HIV
- Multiple Sclerosis experience is a plus
- Ability to work under pressure
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- MBA Preferred
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Channel Marketing, Biotech, Marketing MBA, Pharmaceutical, Marketing, Science