Senior Manager, Supply Chain - Sales and Operations Planning - United States
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
The Senior Manager, Supply Chain Planning will have responsibility for managing demand and supply planning to ensure clinical trials are supported with available product for Kite’s pipeline programs. Collaboration across functions through a Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process is key to success in the role to build an effective and efficient planning process.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
- Critically reviews clinical demand forecasts in close collaboration with Clinical Operations and Program Management
- Develops supply plans to ensure uninterrupted clinical product availability to meet forecasted patient demand
- Proactively identify and mitigate any potential supply interruptions
- Synthesize information and test assumptions to ensure plans are sound and rigorous
- Coordinate with cross-functional stakeholders including Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory, Clinical Operations, Product Sciences, Finance and others to align on assumptions and plans that impact demand and supply
- Actively participate in monthly S&OP process and meetings to routinely review clinical demands, alignment with manufacturing capacity, and resulting financials to give a full view of the operational plan and support management decision making
- Actively participate in Product Teams to align demand/supply plans to program milestones and activities; represent Supply Chain on Product Teams and triage issues/actions back to the team
- Provide S&OP business process guidance to cross functional stakeholders
- Define and analyze key performance metrics and trends to drive improvements in capacity utilization and ‘vein-to-vein’ performance
- Conduct analyses of capacity, scenarios, supply chain and manufacturing strategy
- Objectively evaluate options/trade-offs and develop executive management-level recommendations
- Develop supply chain strategies in support of clinical trials, product commercialization, and launch
- Support business cases for Tech Ops investments
- Interface with all levels of organization, including senior management
- Deliver presentations and make recommendations to Senior Tech Ops, Clinical, and Commercial leadership
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's Degree and 3 years of operations or supply chain experience in life sciences industry OR Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of operations or supply chain experience in life sciences industry
- Strong background in one or more of the following: Operations, GMP processes, supply chain planning, demand management
- Knowledge of end to end supply chain
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across different stakeholders (Finance, Manufacturing, Logistics, Quality, Supply Chain and Facilities)
- Advanced qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex problems using multiple sources of information
- Good business acumen, ability to think strategically and analytically, including financial analysis
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills including presentations and ability to influence all levels of staff, including executives
- Skilled with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast paced environment while delivery a timely and high quality end work product
- Self-directed and able to work independently with minimal direction
- Works well in a dynamic, fast-changing environment
- Enthusiastic team player
Kite Pharma is an equal opportunity employer based in Santa Monica, CA. Kite Pharma offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.