Senior Manager, Supplier Management - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Our company is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors.
- Our company is seeking a highly motivated individual to work in our Supply Chain Team on innovative T cell therapy for cancer treatment.
- The Senior Manager will be responsible for managing the portfolio of Suppliers based on assigned category, manage sourcing initiatives and perform category analysis. He/she will manage the Supplier Relationship Team, set up and manage the joint supplier teams, oversee life cycle/change management, and track suppliers’ performance to support our company’s clinical and commercial objectives in the global market.
- He/she will interface with cross-functional representatives (Product Sciences, Manufacturing, Quality, Procurement, IT, Finance, and others) to understand sourcing needs, perform market research, and collaborate with Supplier Quality Management to qualify suppliers.
- He/she is also responsible for establishing expectations for and monitoring supplier performance, as well as risk assessment and mitigation plans.
- This position is expected to build and/or sustain relationships with a variety of internal stakeholders and external parties.
- May also include managing staff, training and development and up to 30% travel time may be required.
- Develop and track supplier socrecards focusing on cost, quality, delivery, customer satisfaction, continuous improvement, and sustainability.
- Ensure terms and conditions of supply agreements are adhered, executed and documented, such as timely submission of demand forecast, timely assessment, documentation, and execution of changes, and close monitoring of contract performance.
- Establish and foster effective strategic supplier relationships; develop risk assessment and mitigation plan for critical Suppliers, escalate business risks to proper level of management.
- Function as a project lead, team lead for Supplier Relationship Teams (consist of Supplier Quality, Process Sciences, Manufacturing) for change management, coordination of supplier investigations and supplier initiated changes, supplier qualification and periodic performance review.
- Collaborate and build productive relationship with internal business partners and stakeholders to enable timely fulfillment of business requirements.
- Assist Quality units in Suppliers investigations, complaints, change control and GMP systems monitoring, and follow up on implementation of corrective actions.
- Continuous business process improvements (e.g., enhancements to the sourcing process, development or revision of key sourcing procedures, documenting processes, risk assessment etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences with 8+ years of relevant experience in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry; MBA is a plus
- The ideal candidate is well versed in supply chain, category establishment and supplier management, biologic drug development, manufacturing, testing and release processes, or GMP material or service provider management
- Experience in partnering wth supplier quality, continuous improvement, influence at all levels of the organization, collaboration and cross-functional team leadership
- Strong knowledge of GMP, SOPs and quality processes, strong understanding of the Quality Assurance systems, Quality audit, and supplier qualification program
- Demonstrated business acumen and experience in contract negotiation/administration, ability to draw insights from data quickly and to design analysis and present business cases Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Collaborate well in cross-functional matrix environment, ability to communicate and work independently with scientific/technical personnel
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Outstanding strategic skills with the ability to transform general goals into actionable plans
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and other applications
- This position may require travel up to 30% of time