Senior Manager Strategic Sourcing & Purchasing (m/f) 100% - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 14 May 2017
- Our company is leader in advanced drug delivery technologies.
- We have a clear focus on selected emerging markets in the Middle East, Africa, the CIS Region, and Latin America, and we operate in some of the most dynamic countries of the world. We value courage, commitment, trust, and empathy and provide an environment that supports initiative and effort.
- We are proud to be action-oriented and open-minded, with a strong focus on quality and product availability, even in remote and hard to reach areas of the world.
- The Strategic Direct Procurement team is responsible for sourcing and purchasing of APIs, excipients and packaging materials for all our production sites, as well as for negotiating external manufacturing operations with CMOs.
- They also provide functional guidance to our local Operational Purchasing teams.
- In this position you will lead the team to ensure availability of materials at an optimal cost, managing risk and developing the appropriate strategy, processes and relationships with our partners. This position reports directly to the Head of Global Supply Chain.
- University degree in a relevant field
- Proven track record in strategic sourcing and purchasing in the pharmaceutical industry
- In depth knowledge of the API and excipients market
- Field experience with relevant manufacturers globally and relationship builder with top management of key suppliers
- Good knowledge of the Pharmaceutical industry including GMP requirements, regulatory affairs and change management
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and communication skills
- Experience in implementing and improving processes in an international environment
- Project management experience
- Business fluency in English as a must and German as an advantage
- Able to lead people in a fast-moving environment
- Not afraid to make well-structured proposals and humble to accept contributions and improvements to your ideas
- Sensitive to different cultural values
- Comfortable working with the uncertainty that the regions where we operate frequently entail
- Autonomous, reliable and resilient
- Available to travel approximately 20%
- Define and implement the long-term strategy for strategic direct procurement at our company, ensuring full alignment with the
- company’s business strategy
- Develop supply solutions in strict respect of quality and safety, and aiming at an optimum balance between cost, speed and flexibility
- Manage risk to ensure appropriate supply of materials
- Coordinate supplier search, evaluation, qualification and selection
- Lead the negotiation of all terms with suppliers
- Budget annual spend and volumes
- Drive cost improvement initiatives and achieve the necessary commitment for them, both internally and externally
- Be the functional leader of both Strategic and Operational activities at our company, driving continuous process improvement
- Actively manage stakeholders in a matrix and decentralized organization