Senior Manager, Sales Training (Neurology) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
|External Posting Title||Senior Manager, Sales Training (Neurology)|
|Job Description||The Senior Training Manager (STM) role is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing training programs which increase the skills, knowledge and behaviors of commercial customer-facing roles with a goal of positively impacting sales results. This includes all new hire training, product launches, national, divisional, and regional meetings, distance learning programs, instructor-led programs, and other identified training opportunities and methodologies. In this role the STM will work closely with sales and marketing team members to ensure a thorough understanding of products in the marketplace and develop training to support tactical implementation of the marketing strategy. The STM will work with other training team members and field force trainers to achieve business and learning goals. In this role, the STM must partner effectively with Sales, Medical, Regulatory, Legal, Compliance, Patient Services, and other strategic partners to develop and deliver training that helps drive business results.|
• Develop training programs, including workshops, distance learning, and other learning methodologies to support the needs of our US & Global partners.
• Design, develop, and deliver training sessions for the US Sales team that increase sales force skills and knowledge, with a goal of positively impacting sales results.
• Project Lead for New Hire Classes. Develop and deliver training sessions and assessments by facilitating the most appropriate format for new hire training purpose. Provide feedback to managers on new hire performance.
• Design, develop and implement sales training programs and materials for continuing education of experienced sales reps; includes product launches, National and POA meetings, teleconferences, WebEx and other identified training opportunities in a continuous learning mode.
• Design and analyze assessments to identify skills and knowledge gaps.
• CQI on all learning goals for all field roles.
• Work closely with marketing team members to ensure a thorough understanding of products in the marketplace and to develop training to support tactical implementation of marketing strategy. In addition, partner effectively with Sales, Medical/Clinical, Legal, Regulatory, and any other strategic partners to develop and deliver training as needed.
• Manage external vendors to bring high quality services within the set budget and on time.
• Provide input to the Director on the strategic vision as well as tactical improvements for the sales training department. Work with other sales training team members and field trainers to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
• Apply principles of adult learning to ensure training effectiveness. Access resources to keep up-to-date on industry best demonstrated practices.
|Location||Weston, MA, US|
|Job Category||Commercial Operations, Sales & Marketing, Human Resources|
• 2 - 3 years training experience in pharma preferred;
• 5 - 7 years selling experience in healthcare industry with demonstrated success required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated excellence with presentation and facilitation skills
• Ability to teach, coach and develop people in complex sales organization.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and execute in a matrixed environment.
• Demonstrated understanding of the selling process
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete those projects on time.
• Demonstrated results orientation and high productivity through setting high standards and achieving stretch goals.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other tools.
• Bachelor’s degree required
|About Biogen||Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia. |
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Sales Management, Biotech, Training, Sales, Science, Operations, Research