Senior Manager, Sales Training & Communications - United States
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Manager, Training and Communications in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matter and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Senior Manager, Training and Communications working on the US Oncology Sales Training and Communications team, you will be empowered to make meaningful, and a typical day will include:
Enhance sales force effectiveness through maximization of sales team strategy, tactical planning and execution, and support processes.
Support launch planning for new products (i.e.: ixazomib), including conducting market research, analyzing market opportunities, reviewing field sales footprint and interpreting insights toward establishing a comprehensive launch strategy.
- Align with the corporate vision & strategy
- Support the profile and reputation of the organization with internal Drives engagement
- Work with all commercial stakeholders to develop relevant communications plan - managing timelines and legal approval of content
- Maintain relevant sections of the Sales Portal intranet
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree required (preferably in business or life sciences); MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 6-8 years overall pharmaceutical sales experience or relevant clinical experience; 3+ years in oncology/hematology
- 4 years of sales management at a pharmaceutical/biotechnology company is preferred, but other management experience is adequate
- Minimum 2 years of pharmaceutical sales training experience and/or other relevant experience such as marketing or sales operations or other experience
- Ability to summarize relevant market and business intelligence
- Strategic Thinking
- Ability to effectively lead and influence others without management authority
- Ability to manage teams and be part of a management team
- Project management is a plus
- Effective leadership and people management skills
- Demonstrated ability to hold others accountable to deadlines and responsibilities
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment across departments and all levels of the organization
- Superior understanding of adult learning principles
- Experience in eLearning development
- Excellent communication/presentation skills, both oral and written
- Skills in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, and eLearning platforms
- Ability to travel (up to 50% of time, including weekends)
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.