Senior Manager, Process Sciences Lead - Switzerland
- Do you have excellent bioprocess sciences background and leaderships skills and are you looking for a new challenge?
- Are you passionate about technical innovation to bring value creation in manufacturing? Then you might be the person we are looking for!
- We have an exciting new position as Senior Manager at our new DS manufacturing facility.
- This Manufacturing Sciences (MS) position provides leadership for the Process Science team at the site.
- The Process Sciences team is responsible for transferring in our company’s industry leading bio-process technical capabilities and establishing process sciences excellence at the site; utilizing process knowledge and laboratory scale-down models to solve manufacturing process investigations as well as experimental work to drive process improvements and technical innovations.
- Position reports to the head of the site MS team, and will direct a small team (5-6) of upstream and downstream scientists.
- Lead the Process Sciences team in MS at the site. Set priorities, assign work, and monitor progress of laboratory projects and campaign support.
- Performance management of direct reports
- Transfer-in process technical capabilities, process knowledge and scale-down models from sister biologic drug substance sites, and establish process sciences excellence at the site.
- Collaborate with site MS colleagues in the technology transfer team to assure full campaign and process investigation support needs at the site
- Collaborate with colleagues in MS Process Sciences team at sister biologic drug substance sites to share global project workload
- Develop, test, and confirm approaches for manufacturing process robustness and/or yield improvements
- Lead value creation technical innovation projects
- Direct experience in process development or laboratory support of biomanufacturing is highly desirable
- Skilled in process troubleshooting and experimental design
- Solid technical understanding of both upstream (mammalian cell culture) and downstream (harvest, chromatography, viral filtration, and/or UF/DF) technologies is required, with experience with bench scale equipment and experimental design a must
- In addition to scale-down process equipment, a solid working knowledge of bioprocessing laboratory analytical equipment (pH/conductivity meters, spectrophotometers, BGAs, metabolite analyzers, CE, HPLC/UPLCs, etc) is required
PhD degree in Chemical or Bioprocess Engineering, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, or closely allied discipline
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotech, Chemical Research, Biology, Science, Engineering