Senior Manager Payroll - United States
Charles River (company)
Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely processing of the North American payroll, resolving complex payroll issues, analyzing and auditing data. Supervision of daily operations and the payroll administrators. Lead the development of a Global Payroll solution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure payroll reporting and payments are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles, and federal, state and IRS regulations as well as all Canada regulations.
- Research and interpret federal and state regulatory requirements, communicate changes to appropriate management, and work closely with ADP tax filing services.
- Manage the evaluation and improvement of the efficiencies and proficiencies within the corporate payroll department through key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Develop key relationships with HR counterparts.
- Identify and to implement processes to improve output and evaluate usage of new software to help automate the corporate payroll reimbursement.
- Identify sustainable strategic improvements, suggest corrective actions, coordinate implementation and track efficiencies achieved.
- Manage implementations of new software for the corporate payroll, working with the IT ERP team and the Global Data and Business Process team.
- Lead team in resolving tax, withholding, garnishment, and wage/hour issues for payroll processing.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of multiple FEIN’s 940’s, 941’s and W-2’s and T4’s and the creation of W-2c’s as required.
- Lead acquisitions to enable pay to acquired employees - Assess and direct acquisition integration efforts for payroll activities adhering to respective integration plans and time lines.
- Report all officer compensation for annual proxy reporting.
- Audit ADP PCPW and ADP Pay Specialist data and resolve variances.
- Provide reports to HR, accounting and management. Generate ad-hoc queries.
- Respond to auditing and regulatory inquiries on a timely basis.
- Responsible for the general ledger, including working with finance on suspense items, mapping and creating all general ledger related files required for general ledger posting into SAP and ADP systems.
- Maintain all required records and archives.
- Work closely with internal and external auditors as necessary to support their audit of the company’s payroll data
- Partner with Human Resources and Benefits for any system configuration changes.
- Collaborate uploads and SAP entries on a bi-weekly basis.
- Work closely with SAP IT team on any payroll configuration issues.
- Responsible for testing of enhancements and FLSA adjustments in SAP.
- Manage daily operational activities and supervise payroll employees. Ensure optimum group performance.
- Responsible for personnel management activities such as: scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews.
- Recommend short-range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans.
- May assist in development of departmental budget.
- As required, oversee maintenance of group training manual and training records.
- Support the policy of equal employment opportunity through affirmative action in personnel actions.
- Ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements and to departmental policies, practices and procedures [SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols].
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in finance, accounting or related discipline or related experience.
- Experience: Five plus years of directly related experience in a multi-state environment/multi-national environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: C.P.P. preferred.
- Other: Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving skills, and have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Excellent analytical skills required. Must have a high level of proficiency in auditing, reconciliation and controls, and good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Must be able to work closely and effectively with a diverse employee population. Proficiency in MS office suite including Access as well as SAP and ADP required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet