Senior Manager, Medical Communications - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Manager/Senior Manager, Medical Communications. This role is responsible for creating and managing core scientific content and for leading medical affairs congress activities. The Manager/Sr Manager, Medical Communications will work with the field Medical Science Liaisons to develop MSL tools, along with other key deliverables. This individual will also work cross-functionally to generate and execute a strategic Congress Plan consistent with overall Medical Affairs strategy. This position will report to the Senior Director of Medical Communications.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Develop core scientific content in support of key CAR T and TCR programs
- Develop MSL tools in line with Medical Affairs strategy consisting of slide decks, interactive media, and training materials
- Serve as main point of contact for Medical Communications with field MSL team
- Provide scientific content support to cross-functional and EU teams as needed
- Identify novel and effective methods to educate HCP community on Kite’s science and data
- Coordinate cross-functional team to develop and execute a strategic congress plan that may include:
- Identification and prioritization of medical/scientific congresses to support
- Development of Medical Affairs exhibit materials
- Coordination of scientific data assessment coverage
- Executing large scientific exchange events
- Conduct congress kickoff, alignment, and debrief sessions with key stakeholders
- Planning and executing investigator events
- Create and manage timelines to execute on congress deliverables
- Align activities with corporate communications, marketing, investor relations, and MSLs
- Develop Clinical/Scientific Advisory Board materials
- Source and manage external vendors to support deliverable development
- Assist with developing company guidelines and SOPs pertaining to function
- Build and maintain effective scientific and collaborative relationships with thought leaders and HCPs
- Collaborate across stakeholders to drive external communication strategies and deliverables
- Attend medical and scientific congresses
- Create and manage scientific content development budget
- Establish and drive best practices and deliver on them
- Advanced degree in life science (RN, PhD, Pharm D, MD, MS)
- 3+ years of experience in industry (eg, biotech/pharmaceutical/medical device company, Contract Research Organization, Medical Communications Agency), academic research, or public health including 2+ years in oncology
- Extensive experience developing scientific slide decks and presentations
- Excellent organizational, time management, budget management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work across multi-disciplinary groups and to lead decision-making discussions
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication, and collaborative skills with individuals, groups, and senior management (internal and external)
- Experience in hematology/oncology and/or immuno-oncology or related therapeutic area preferred
- Working knowledge of medical affairs, clinical, legal, regulatory functions; pre- and post-launch experience is strongly preferred
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 200 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.