This job is currently Archived,
Senior Manager, Managed Care Medical Science Liaison (Field Based) Dublin Ireland,
Jazz Pharma (company)
Posted on : 11 July 2017
- The Managed Care Medical Science Liaison (MCMSL) is a field-based medical role that will serve as a resource to educate managed care organizations, health systems and other formulary decision makers to help facilitate access for our company s products.
- The MCMSL will report to the Executive Director of HEOR and will coordinate with the MSL and account management teams.
- Serve as a resource to educate key decision makers within managed care organizations and health systems by providing access, value, and other appropriate payer messages and tools.
- Deliver in-depth product-specific healthcare economic information to appropriate audiences.
- Provide cross-portfolio HEOR-related scientific support and education for our company s products to managed care account teams and related accounts.
- Provide reactive presentations to managed care accounts on our company s pipeline and/or other requested scientific information where appropriate.
- Offer insights to our company s internal teams on managed care trends to inform product strategy and access.
- Assist in the development of educational managed care programs and tools to help support value and access.
- Serve as the liaison between the external payers and the in-house HEOR team to help identify relevant data gaps related to value and access.
- Attend and participate in advisory boards and other professional and/or policy-making forums as appropriate.
- Attend relevant medical conferences.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and regulatory guidelines governing commercial and scientific interactions with healthcare professionals, payers, advocacy and other business partners.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and ensure continuous and consistent communication with key internal partners.
- Clinical degree (MD, PhD, PharmD, or functional equivalent).
- At least 3 years of Medical Affairs, HEOR, or professional experience in a similar and relevant capacity
- Pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience as a medical science liaison/director with a majority of the experience in the managed care and/or payer environment is highly preferred
- Excellent clinical, scientific and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships with healthcare and/or scientific based professionals as well as with clinical and commercial teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, motivated, and able to work in a team environment
- Experience in critical review analysis, interpretation of published medical literature/technical scientific literature, and presentation capabilities are necessary
- Relevant therapeutic area experience (Sleep, Hem/Onc, Pain, rare diseases) preferred
- Travel required (
Find a Job Find Candidates