Senior Manager, Managed Care Medical Science Liaison (Field Based) - Ireland
- The Managed Care Medical Science Liaison (MCMSL) is a field-based medical role that will serve as a resource to educate managed care organizations, health systems and other formulary decision makers to help facilitate access for our company’s products.
- The MCMSL will report to the Executive Director of HEOR and will coordinate with the MSL and account management teams.
- Serve as a resource to educate key decision makers within managed care organizations and health systems by providing access, value, and other appropriate payer messages and tools.
- Deliver in-depth product-specific healthcare economic information to appropriate audiences.
- Provide cross-portfolio HEOR-related scientific support and education for our company’s products to managed care account teams and related accounts.
- Provide reactive presentations to managed care accounts on our company’s pipeline and/or other requested scientific information where appropriate.
- Offer insights to our company’s internal teams on managed care trends to inform product strategy and access.
- Assist in the development of educational managed care programs and tools to help support value and access.
- Serve as the liaison between the external payers and the in-house HEOR team to help identify relevant data gaps related to value and access.
- Attend and participate in advisory boards and other professional and/or policy-making forums as appropriate.
- Attend relevant medical conferences.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and regulatory guidelines governing commercial and scientific interactions with healthcare professionals, payers, advocacy and other business partners.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and ensure continuous and consistent communication with key internal partners.
- Clinical degree (MD, PhD, PharmD, or functional equivalent).
- At least 3 years of Medical Affairs, HEOR, or professional experience in a similar and relevant capacity
- Pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience as a medical science liaison/director with a majority of the experience in the managed care and/or payer environment is highly preferred
- Excellent clinical, scientific and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships with healthcare and/or scientific based professionals as well as with clinical and commercial teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, motivated, and able to work in a team environment
- Experience in critical review analysis, interpretation of published medical literature/technical scientific literature, and presentation capabilities are necessary
- Relevant therapeutic area experience (Sleep, Hem/Onc, Pain, rare diseases) preferred
- Travel required (῀60%)
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.