Senior Manager Employee Communications - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Develop and implement internal communication strategies and plans that engage, align and inspire employees with Charles River’s vision and business strategy. Manage day-to day employee communication activities. Drive employees' understanding and engagement on the on the Company’s priorities and key initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with senior leaders on communication strategies and activities to support key initiatives.
- Provide strategic counsel to senior leaders and develop messaging and internal communications for the business on industry updates, key initiatives, and other topics.
- Develop internal communications programs that mobilize employees to achieve business goals.
- Manage all phases of communications development from evaluating effectiveness and identifying needs through planning, execution and measurement.
- Recommend and plan communications strategies, programs or activities that address specific business issues or employee needs and achieve desired results.
- Create clear, concise and timely communications that convey key messages tied to business/company goals and foster employee understanding and commitment.
- Measure communications effectiveness using best practices and KPIs.
- Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Manage activities of assigned group(s) to ensure optimum performance of the group/function.
- Responsible for personnel management activities such as: scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews.
- Assist in the development of short- and long-range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans.
- Assist in the development and recommendation of departmental budget and authorize expenditures.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of departmental training programs, including orientation.
- Support the policy of equal employment opportunity through affirmative action in personnel actions.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in marketing, communications, human resources or related discipline.
- Experience: 8 plus years related experience in employee communications for a multi-site organization.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Other: Excellent writing and marketing skills required. Effective communication skills for large, multinational audiences. Strong interpersonal skills including collaboration, influencing, aligning, and active listening. Must feel comfortable discussing communication needs with senior leaders and key stakeholders at a global level. Must be able to meet deadlines and work with tight deadlines and competing priorities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet